Letter to the editor: Affordable health care is attainable
November 20, 2013
I don't know why the majority of people around the country and our little haven of south lake Tahoe does not understand how the new affordable health care act works. If you listen to the national news, and according to Debra Saunders' Saturday's opinion in the Tribune, it is totally unworkable and not understandable. If people would just do a little homework they would find that the law lets everyone get health care, no matter what their condition. The law works for the people that are middle class. It gives people the choice of insurance according how much people make at their job. As most of us know, the majority of working people in this town make close to minimum wage. If they would just go to Covered California and call or go on the website, they could shake this whole debate of how understandable it is to get affordable health insurance.
South Lake Tahoe
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: How do I meet a responsible man in Tahoe?
- Guest column: City fails to address questions on proposed VHR changes
- Guest column: If not now, then when for Tahoe’s roads? (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Tahoe Prosperity Center column: Inaugural Tahoe Economic Summit approaching
- Douglas County jury finds man innocent in alleged sexual assault at Lake Tahoe
- Gardnerville man killed in head-on collision near Red Lake
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of rain Thursday night, snow Friday morning
- South Lake Tahoe City Council backpedals on VHR ordinance
- Seamstress creates custom interior goods for Lake Tahoe homes