Letter to the editor: KGID board found a good solution
May 23, 2013
KGID board found a good solution
I was somewhat shocked at the turnout for the last KGID meeting in which next year's budget was discussed and voted on. My wife and I have owned a home for nearly three years on lower Kingsbury and, with the recent implementation of water meters, thought it would be a good idea to see where and how our monthly payment of roughly $150 (plus water usage) was being spent. I was shocked that we were two of only four people to attend. For the amount of complaining I hear, a lackluster turnout.
That being said, it was very informative. The board members respectfully entertained all of our questions and subsequently approved the budget without raising our rates. A great accomplishment in this day and age. I am confident and satisfied that we are getting what we pay for. Kudos to Dr. Norman and his team of board members for a job well done.
Zephyr Cove, Nev.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (videos)
- South Lake Tahoe City Council backpedals on VHR ordinance
- DA releases new video in El Dorado County cold case
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of rain Thursday night, snow Friday morning
- As Election Day nears, divided panel discusses road sales tax Measure C