Letter to the editor: Learn to love one another
June 27, 2013
The Supreme Court's decision to validate same-sex marriage will thrill millions who love each other and want the same rights as every American and depress millions of religious conservatives who have fought long and hard to prevent this momentous occasion. The Supreme Court in its decision also said that federal benefits are no longer out of reach for married couples no matter what their gender.
For those having trouble handling this turn of events, re-read the Sermon on the Mount and learn to love one another as the Bible teaches.
Nevada City, Calif.
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: Temporary environmental art installation at Tahoe is about coming together for common purpose
- Ask Tessie: What are your tips for someone who wants to get into climbing?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Letter: Amgen is a bad deal for South Lake Tahoe residents
- Outside the Tahoe Classroom: Challenging our children may spark motivation