Letter to the editor: Learn to love one another
June 27, 2013
The Supreme Court's decision to validate same-sex marriage will thrill millions who love each other and want the same rights as every American and depress millions of religious conservatives who have fought long and hard to prevent this momentous occasion. The Supreme Court in its decision also said that federal benefits are no longer out of reach for married couples no matter what their gender.
For those having trouble handling this turn of events, re-read the Sermon on the Mount and learn to love one another as the Bible teaches.
Nevada City, Calif.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Smoke from Mariposa County fire continues to fill Tahoe Basin (video)
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Mariposa County fire in California threatens 1,500 structures near Yosemite
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite