Letter to the editor: Learn to love one another
June 27, 2013
The Supreme Court’s decision to validate same-sex marriage will thrill millions who love each other and want the same rights as every American and depress millions of religious conservatives who have fought long and hard to prevent this momentous occasion. The Supreme Court in its decision also said that federal benefits are no longer out of reach for married couples no matter what their gender.
For those having trouble handling this turn of events, re-read the Sermon on the Mount and learn to love one another as the Bible teaches.
Nevada City, Calif.
Trending In: Opinion
- Letter (Jude Wood): Recreation is the heartbeat of Tahoe
- Letter (Jonathon ‘Joby’ Cefalu): ‘Vote what’s best for our community and future’
- Letter (Karan Duron): Bonnie Turnbull for school board
- Letter (John N. Cefalu): New South Lake Tahoe City Councilmembers need ‘intestinal fortitude’
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Lake Tahoe welcomes ski-in, ski-out coworking space at Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Man walks across America (and through Lake Tahoe) to spread word on drug overdose
- Michael Alan Laub
- My View (Carl Ribaudo): Why the Loop Road matters (opinion)
- Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort expands learning terrain, revamps menu, bids water bottles farewell for 2016-17 season