Letter to the editor: Learn to love one another
June 27, 2013
The Supreme Court's decision to validate same-sex marriage will thrill millions who love each other and want the same rights as every American and depress millions of religious conservatives who have fought long and hard to prevent this momentous occasion. The Supreme Court in its decision also said that federal benefits are no longer out of reach for married couples no matter what their gender.
For those having trouble handling this turn of events, re-read the Sermon on the Mount and learn to love one another as the Bible teaches.
Nevada City, Calif.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Guest column: City of South Lake Tahoe ignoring reality in crafting VHR policies
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- League to Save Lake Tahoe column: Celebrating 20 years of stewardship, restoration
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Family friendly activities for the fall
- Ask Tessie: How do I get my stolen bike back?
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- South Lake Tahoe considers service that tracks down illegal VHRs
- Fatal 16-vehicle crash cleared, westbound I-80 reopens near Eagle Lakes
- California Highway Patrol IDs South Lake Tahoe motorcyclist killed in crash
- Kirkwood fined over wetlands contamination