Letter to the Editor: Let’s improve New Years
January 14, 2010
It sure would be nice to have an official countdown to New Years in the casino corridor. What a way to reinvent the image and boost the economy. If Times Square can draw a million just to watch the ball drop, we could create our own Snowball drop.
The resorts need to look at this and promote it all year. What a wonderful opportunity for local business owners to participate in a new and exciting idea. No pun intended, but get on the ball. I could not even imagine the excitement this would generate from a huge area. Tahoe is know around the world. Time to make it even more special.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: How do I get out of Thanksgiving with my family?
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Being more present during the holiday season
- Rep. McClintock: House tax bill fails the ‘do no harm’ test (opinion)
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Rozak: 13 signs that tell me I’m ready for ski season to start (opinion)
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- El Dorado County moves toward temporary cannabis ban
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain possible today, cloudy conditions to linger through week
- Verde Mexican Rotisserie closes Meyers location