Letter to the Editor: Thanks for agreeing to put the parking program on the ballot
February 20, 2014
I am writing to express my thanks and appreciation to the members of the South Lake Tahoe City Council for agreeing on Feb. 18 with the Tahoe 4 Tahoe Group to place the city's existing paid-parking meter program on the June 2014 ballot so that the voters of South Lake Tahoe can decide the matter. I am also gratified as well for the work done by the Tahoe 4 Tahoe Group, who made an enormous effort to bring this parking meter matter to the forefront of public discussion and for the support given to them by the South Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce.
I also am pleased that the City Council agreed to proceed with needed improvements and repairs in the Harrison Avenue area, a central local business area that has served our community well for many years.
South Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Opinion
- Snowboarder from Connecticut dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- How long will ski season run at Lake Tahoe resorts?
- No timeframe for permanent fix to US 50 near Bridal Veil Falls
- Water managers may have to ‘spill’ water from Lake Tahoe
- TRPA looks to free transit, shared-use pathways for traffic solutions in Lake Tahoe