Letter to the Editor: Thanks for agreeing to put the parking program on the ballot
February 20, 2014
I am writing to express my thanks and appreciation to the members of the South Lake Tahoe City Council for agreeing on Feb. 18 with the Tahoe 4 Tahoe Group to place the city's existing paid-parking meter program on the June 2014 ballot so that the voters of South Lake Tahoe can decide the matter. I am also gratified as well for the work done by the Tahoe 4 Tahoe Group, who made an enormous effort to bring this parking meter matter to the forefront of public discussion and for the support given to them by the South Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce.
I also am pleased that the City Council agreed to proceed with needed improvements and repairs in the Harrison Avenue area, a central local business area that has served our community well for many years.
South Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Opinion
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Boaters leaving Lake Tahoe must remove drain plug
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- South Lake Brewing Company celebrates grand opening (photos)
- Motorist hurt after going over side of Kingsbury Grade