Letter — What are CCC up to at camp?
March 10, 2003
It’s timely to ask what this California Conservation Corps is up to, especially since we keep hearing negative news coming out of their Tahoe basin center (alleged sexual assault). It is also timely since the state’s budget is in chaos and we’ve seen the community college and school districts take huge hits to their staffs and budgets. But what’s also important is that this state bureaucracy would like to relocate into our city according to an article last year in the Tahoe Daily Tribune.
Are these guys being honest about their drug and alcohol issues? Or is this just another inefficient state bureaucracy staffed by lifer civil servants gone amok with our taxpayer’s money? What’s their impact if they do move into our town? We should at least ensure they’re responsible citizens before we allow this to happen.
South Lake Tahoe
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: How do I get out of Thanksgiving with my family?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Rep. McClintock: House tax bill fails the ‘do no harm’ test (opinion)
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Being more present during the holiday season
- Rozak: 13 signs that tell me I’m ready for ski season to start (opinion)
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain possible today, cloudy conditions to linger through week
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report