Letter — What was the writer thinking
March 24, 2003
This is in regards to Ray H. Coppers’ letter of March 10. He misstated a few things. The first is no where in the U.S. Constitution does it say separation of church and state is necessary. That was a statement by Thomas Jefferson, one of the authors of the Constitution. But Mr. Cooper probably knew that. He seemed to know everything else. I guess you feel testing of kids before they pass to the next grade is wrong. Let’s do it like the 70s, which is why we have such a high welfare rate. But you knew that. Maybe we need William J. Clinton back. He wasn’t an embarrassment, let’s see there are two meanings to the word “is”, oral sex isn’t sex and live on TV. “I didn’t have sex with that women.” “Guess what he did.” But you knew that, so you think President Bush is the worst president we ever had. What planet were you on six years ago?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Editor’s Notes: Reflecting on 1 year at Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Guest column: Raising awareness of homelessness on Lake Tahoe’s South Shore (opinion)
- Ask Tessie: How do I get out of Thanksgiving with my family?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Rep. McClintock: House tax bill fails the ‘do no harm’ test (opinion)
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Where to go in Tahoe if you don’t want to cook a Thanksgiving meal
- Die-hard skiers and riders turn out for opening day at Kirkwood Mountain (videos)