Letter: Why I’m concerned about Mar-a-Lago
May 15, 2017
In 2015, Trump said he would rarely leave the White House because there's so much work to be done. Now, he is golfing and visiting a Trump-branded property every few days!
I'm deeply concerned with Trump's taxpayer funded trips to Trump properties, Mar-a-Lago.
Trump is putting taxpayer dollars directly in his pocket by visiting his properties so frequently. The Secret Service has spent tens of thousands of dollars on golf carts alone at Mar-a-Lago, and that's the tip of the iceberg!
While Trump spends our tax dollars at Mar-a-Lago, he's also hosting high-profile meetings with foreign heads-of-state there, like the prime minister of Japan. Talk about a photo op for his own property!
After Election Day, Mar-a-Lago doubled its membership fees to $200,000. That's a lot of money in Trump's pocket!
Nobody should be allowed to profit from the presidency. I've had enough. It's time for our representatives in Congress to stand up to Trump's abuse of power and waste of taxpayer dollars.
Trump's trips to Mar-a-Lago have already cost millions of dollars.
If Congress continues to sit on its hands, our representatives should be held accountable for their complicity to Trump's corruption. I'll remember their inaction when I step into the voting booth.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Minden woman who died after falling in Upper Truckee River remembered at celebration of life
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Search continues in reduced capacity for missing kayaker at Lake Tahoe
- Kayaker reported missing at Lake Tahoe found safe in hotel room