Marchetta: Renewing the Lake Tahoe partnership increases protections, reduces development impacts
September 18, 2013
When California and Nevada work together, Lake Tahoe wins. The California legislature's recent passage of Senate Bill 630 has renewed a nearly 45-year-old commitment to the collaborative management of one of America's most treasured — and controversial — natural wonders.
— Joanne S. Marchetta is the Executive Director of the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency.
Trending In: Opinion
- Tahoe crime recap: Scissor-wielding transient man arrested after hurling profanity, threats
- Suggestions for making the most of Memorial Day weekend at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- UPDATE: Police say stolen tractor-trailer crashed into famed brothel near Carson City
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle