Marchetta: Renewing the Lake Tahoe partnership increases protections, reduces development impacts
September 18, 2013
When California and Nevada work together, Lake Tahoe wins. The California legislature's recent passage of Senate Bill 630 has renewed a nearly 45-year-old commitment to the collaborative management of one of America's most treasured — and controversial — natural wonders.
— Joanne S. Marchetta is the Executive Director of the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?