New president foolish enough to launch first missile?
January 18, 2017
For over half a century the world has lived in fear of a nuclear conflagration, yet comforted to some extent by the belief that anyone would have to be a fool or insane to launch that first missile. By the afternoon of Jan. 20, 2017, I'm afraid that security blanket will have shrunk to the size of a postage stamp.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Former and current Tahoe residents impacted by Northern California fires
- Where to view fall foliage — then grab a bite — in Lake Tahoe (video)
- Update on Eldorado National Forest wildfires: Table Fire grows to 250 acres; Ice Fire close to 100% containment
- Ask Tessie: How do I meet a responsible man in Tahoe?
- Construction begins on Round Hill Pines Beach Resort