Letter: Trump in the wrong regarding environment
April 2, 2017
I am very concerned about the executive order President Trump signed to roll back energy regulations and many of the climate policies we currently have in place. This year marks the continuation of a terrible drought in Kenya and Eastern Africa that is leaving millions miles away from water and at risk of starvation; a record low in Arctic Ice cover; record high temps in the Gulf of Mexico (we all know what that means come hurricane-season, right?); and polling that shows now 70 percent of Americans believe climate change is human caused. The Trump administration is, as usual, standing opposed to facts and to public opinion.
Please work to protect our public lands from mining and drilling, protect our coastlines, air and water quality, and support the stewardship of the planet. Fight against this action and the EPA's attempt to ignore the threats and impacts of climate change.
South Lake Tahoe, California
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Ask Tessie: How do I get my stolen bike back?
- Letter: ‘Thank you for keeping me updated’
- Tahoe Prosperity Center column: Disasters highlight importance of community and business resiliency
- League to Save Lake Tahoe column: Celebrating 20 years of stewardship, restoration
- Tahoe Mom Talk: Family friendly activities for the fall
- South Lake Tahoe man lying in highway dies after being unintentionally run over in Gardnerville
- Woman arrested for DUI after crashing into tree in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of snow at 7,000 feet on Thursday and Friday
- First snow falls in Lake Tahoe; Kirkwood reports 3 to 4 inches
- South Lake Tahoe motorcyclist dies in Hope Valley crash