10-year-old nails hole-in-one
Ryan Summerlin July 29, 2014
Tahoe Paradise Golf Course saw another hole-in-one on Saturday.
“It was a beautiful day out here,” said Dan D’Angelo, Director of Golf at Tahoe Paradise. “Perfect golf weather.”
This time, the hole-in-one came from 10-year-old Jayson Wallom from El Dorado Hills. Wallom was using a 9-iron on hole 5.
“We’ve had about seven hole-in-ones this year,” D’Angelo said. “He’s definitely the youngest by far.”
He came close to a hole-in-one on holes 2 and 3 and at hole 5, it finally went in.
“I was playing golf and heard my dad say ‘don’t listen to me anymore,’ so I didn’t,” said Wallom about his dad trying to give him advice. “My dad said he saw it go over the hill and I said ‘no, it went in.’”
This was Wallom’s third time playing a round of golf and, at the end of the day, had a better score than his dad.
Hole 5 is a par-3 and 115 yards.
Tahoe Paradise Golf Course is an 18-hole course located on Highway 50 in South Lake Tahoe.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to South Shore for 21st year, brings fun to running
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- South Tahoe volleyball hangs with league leading Truckee, falls in four sets
- South Lake Tahoe Warm Room consequences (opinion)
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: Goodbye, old friend
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species