10-year-old nails hole-in-one
July 29, 2014
Tahoe Paradise Golf Course saw another hole-in-one on Saturday.
“It was a beautiful day out here,” said Dan D’Angelo, Director of Golf at Tahoe Paradise. “Perfect golf weather.”
This time, the hole-in-one came from 10-year-old Jayson Wallom from El Dorado Hills. Wallom was using a 9-iron on hole 5.
“We’ve had about seven hole-in-ones this year,” D’Angelo said. “He’s definitely the youngest by far.”
He came close to a hole-in-one on holes 2 and 3 and at hole 5, it finally went in.
“I was playing golf and heard my dad say ‘don’t listen to me anymore,’ so I didn’t,” said Wallom about his dad trying to give him advice. “My dad said he saw it go over the hill and I said ‘no, it went in.’”
This was Wallom’s third time playing a round of golf and, at the end of the day, had a better score than his dad.
Hole 5 is a par-3 and 115 yards.
Tahoe Paradise Golf Course is an 18-hole course located on Highway 50 in South Lake Tahoe.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe wrestling enters 2016-17 season full of confidence, led by defending state champion Herrera
- Mac the Naw: Still plenty of options for late-season fishing, including Lake Tahoe
- Biking boost: South Lake Tahoe awarded silver designation as Bicycle Friendly Community, trending in positive direction
- Sports Roundup: South Tahoe, Whittell basketball teams hit the court for preseason tournaments
- On the rebound: South Tahoe girls b-ball looks to bounce back in 2016-17 season
- Underwater photographer captures clarity of Lake Tahoe
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- South Shore’s The Lake House Restaurant opens its doors
- Tire center: 2-3 tires a day pierced by ‘ninja caltrops’ in South Lake Tahoe
- South Shore community comes together for 23-year-old fighting cancer