10-year-old nails hole-in-one
July 29, 2014
Tahoe Paradise Golf Course saw another hole-in-one on Saturday.
"It was a beautiful day out here," said Dan D'Angelo, Director of Golf at Tahoe Paradise. "Perfect golf weather."
This time, the hole-in-one came from 10-year-old Jayson Wallom from El Dorado Hills. Wallom was using a 9-iron on hole 5.
"We've had about seven hole-in-ones this year," D'Angelo said. "He's definitely the youngest by far."
He came close to a hole-in-one on holes 2 and 3 and at hole 5, it finally went in.
"I was playing golf and heard my dad say 'don't listen to me anymore,' so I didn't," said Wallom about his dad trying to give him advice. "My dad said he saw it go over the hill and I said 'no, it went in.'"
This was Wallom's third time playing a round of golf and, at the end of the day, had a better score than his dad.
Hole 5 is a par-3 and 115 yards.
Tahoe Paradise Golf Course is an 18-hole course located on Highway 50 in South Lake Tahoe.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Heavenly’s Epic Discovery program: Ultimate outdoor summer playground at Lake Tahoe (video)
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Still mixed conditions on some Lake Tahoe trails following big winter, mild spring
- Steph Curry joins list of celebrities playing in American Century Championship at Lake Tahoe
- LAX at the Lake lacrosse tournament empowers girls through sports
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Parking restrictions beefed up at Raley’s Village Center
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Revisiting Angora Fire 10 years after devastating blaze ignited in Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking