All-comers track meets set to begin
June 20, 2014
A series of all-comers track and field meets opens Tuesday in South Lake Tahoe.
The meet begins at 5 p.m. with youth races and long jump (2-7 year olds) at the South Tahoe Community Sports Complex, located at the South Tahoe Middle School. Regular field events begin at 5:30 p.m. and running events at 5:45 p.m. Registration opens at 4:30 p.m.
The events — regular running events, including hurdles and up to 3,000 meters, in addition to long jump, high jump, pole vault, discus and shot put — are free of charge, although donations are welcome.
The series will continue each Tuesday through July 29, presented by AD Sports Tahoe and Big George Ventures. The summer all-comers meets have been a tradition at the South Tahoe all-weather track since the track from the 1968 U.S. Olympic Track and Field Trials was moved from Echo Summit to its current location.
Anthony Davis of AD Sports Tahoe serves as meet director. Visit http://www.adsportstahoe.com for information.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe ascends as rock climbing destination
- Which Lake Tahoe golf courses are open for play?
- Hike around Lake Tahoe: Most backcountry trails still covered with ‘a lot of snow’
- South Tahoe football player to attend University of San Diego
- Whittell, South Tahoe track teams to compete at NIAA state tournament
- Tahoe crime recap: Scissor-wielding transient man arrested after hurling profanity, threats
- Suggestions for making the most of Memorial Day weekend at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- UPDATE: Police say stolen tractor-trailer crashed into famed brothel near Carson City