All-comers track meets set to begin
June 20, 2014
A series of all-comers track and field meets opens Tuesday in South Lake Tahoe.
The meet begins at 5 p.m. with youth races and long jump (2-7 year olds) at the South Tahoe Community Sports Complex, located at the South Tahoe Middle School. Regular field events begin at 5:30 p.m. and running events at 5:45 p.m. Registration opens at 4:30 p.m.
The events — regular running events, including hurdles and up to 3,000 meters, in addition to long jump, high jump, pole vault, discus and shot put — are free of charge, although donations are welcome.
The series will continue each Tuesday through July 29, presented by AD Sports Tahoe and Big George Ventures. The summer all-comers meets have been a tradition at the South Tahoe all-weather track since the track from the 1968 U.S. Olympic Track and Field Trials was moved from Echo Summit to its current location.
Anthony Davis of AD Sports Tahoe serves as meet director. Visit http://www.adsportstahoe.com for information.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe football edged by Truckee 21-20 in high-stakes Sierra Bowl
- South Tahoe boys tennis falls to Boulder City in 3A State semifinals, ending historic season
- TAMBA’s Corral Night Ride brings costumed fun to South Shore trails Saturday
- South Tahoe girls soccer falls behind early, loses 3-2 to rival Truckee under the lights
- Sports Roundup: Whittell seeking JV basketball, varsity softball coaches, Lake Tahoe CC soccer teams in second, Warriors girls soccer beats Fernley