All-comers track meets set to begin
Ryan Summerlin June 20, 2014
A series of all-comers track and field meets opens Tuesday in South Lake Tahoe.
The meet begins at 5 p.m. with youth races and long jump (2-7 year olds) at the South Tahoe Community Sports Complex, located at the South Tahoe Middle School. Regular field events begin at 5:30 p.m. and running events at 5:45 p.m. Registration opens at 4:30 p.m.
The events — regular running events, including hurdles and up to 3,000 meters, in addition to long jump, high jump, pole vault, discus and shot put — are free of charge, although donations are welcome.
The series will continue each Tuesday through July 29, presented by AD Sports Tahoe and Big George Ventures. The summer all-comers meets have been a tradition at the South Tahoe all-weather track since the track from the 1968 U.S. Olympic Track and Field Trials was moved from Echo Summit to its current location.
Anthony Davis of AD Sports Tahoe serves as meet director. Visit www.adsportstahoe.com for information.
Trending In: Sports
- Take a hike: A scenic jaunt to Lake Margaret is well worth the work (watch the video)
- MedWAR takes on Tahoe: Physical challenges, medical scenarios play out in inaugural event
- Sports Roundup: South Tahoe volleyball wins fifth straight, Whittell girls soccer blanks Yerington, South Tahoe boys tennis still unbeaten
- South Tahoe girls soccer loses at rival Truckee 2-1, sees match as ‘turning point’
- Fighting five: Local Escobar Training Grounds products highlight WFC 60 event at MontBleu