American Century Championship Tournament kicks off 25th year
July 17, 2014
The American Century Championship began it’s 25th tournament at Edgewood-Tahoe Tuesday morning.
The week started with the South Tahoe Celeb-Am teeing off at 9 a.m.
Sterling Sharpe’s team came in first place with a score of 51. Mardy Fish and team came in second with 54 and Billy Joe Tolliver came in third with 54.
Signature celebrity Chad Pfeifer and his team tied for fifth place with a score of 58.
“I had a great group of people and we had a lot of fun and the course is awesome,” Pfeifer said. “I keep hearing how great it is come weekend time so I’ll be excited.”
Wednesday and Thursday continue with practice rounds and Friday starts the first round of the American Century Championship beginning at 8:30 a.m and is televised live on NBC Sports Network. The tournament continues through Sunday and is televised live on NBC. The hole-in-one contest from hole 17 takes place at 3:45 p.m. Saturday.
Gates open at 7 a.m. each day for ticket sales and tickets cost $15 through Thursday and $25 Friday through Sunday.
Autographs are encouraged Wednesday through Thursday, but a policy is in effect Friday through Sunday where celebrities are asked to sign autographs at the beginning and end of their rounds or at their discretion during rounds. No sports memorabilia is allowed at the tournament.
Trending In: Sports
- Biking boost: South Lake Tahoe awarded silver designation as Bicycle Friendly Community, trending in positive direction
- Queen of the halfpipe: South Lake Tahoe native Maddie Bowman dominates the competition on skis — and loves her craft
- On the rebound: South Tahoe girls b-ball looks to bounce back in 2016-17 season
- Warm up, cool down: Add a routine before and after a day on the mountain for a long, healthy season in the snow
- Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort expands learning terrain, revamps menu, bids water bottles farewell for 2016-17 season
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe supporters of Standing Rock host benefit concert; Washoe elders to speak
- Police seeking assistance with hit and run outside Harveys Lake Tahoe
- In the après-ski spirit: Spots to check out after skiing in the Tahoe Basin
- Stay ‘bear aware’ during winter in the Lake Tahoe region