Barton Wellness Lecture Series returns next Thursday, addresses shoulder replacement surgery
December 2, 2016
Shoulder replacement surgery isn't a common procedure, but it's one that can have a positive impact for a person suffering from joint pain. The procedure will be the main topic covered in Barton Health's Wellness Lecture Series latest event.
Dr. Kyle Swanson with Barton's Tahoe Orthopedics and Sports Medicine will host "Shoulder Replacement Surgery — the Good, the Bad and the Ugly" on Thursday, Dec. 8. The free lecture will be held at Lake Tahoe Community College from 6-7 p.m.
During the lecture, topics related to shoulder replacement surgery will be covered, including shoulder arthritis, types of shoulder replacements, and what to expect as a patient going through the surgery. Swanson focuses on sports medicine and is one of a few surgeons in the region who performs reverse total shoulder replacements.
Lake Tahoe Community College is located at 1 College Drive in South Lake Tahoe. For more information on the lecture, call 530-543-5537 or visit http://www.bartonhealth.org/lecture.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe crime recap: Man lights car on fire after taking LSD and being subjected to ‘satanic magic’
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Vacation rental representative questions South Lake Tahoe’s data
- Sale of Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe closes for $42.5M
- South Lake Tahoe man arrested in high-speed chase that ended in Carson City