Booster golf tournament set
April 17, 2014
The booster clubs from South Tahoe and Whittell high school will hold their annual golf tournament to raise money.
The scramble format is held at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course on May 3-4.
Last year, the funds raised, along with the sales booster passes, were enough for the South Tahoe Boosters to donate $15,000 to the school's athletic programs. The booster passes gain entrance to all home events.
The money donated to South Tahoe athletics pays for letters, certificates, patches and scholarships.
Whittell used the money earned toward all school activities including athletics, band trips, teacher enrichment and academic teams.
The cost of the tournament is $125 for one day or $225 for both days. Currently, Saturday has been sold out, but there is openings on Sunday, May 4. Any questions can be directed to tournament director Kevin Kjer at 775-588-6354 or KJKjer@aol.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe ascends as rock climbing destination
- Which Lake Tahoe golf courses are open for play?
- Hike around Lake Tahoe: Most backcountry trails still covered with ‘a lot of snow’
- South Tahoe softball ends season at NIAA 3A regional tournament
- Whittell, South Tahoe track teams to compete at NIAA state tournament
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- 2 found dead in plane wreckage under snow in California
- Ribaudo column: Housing in Tahoe — ‘like a bad toothache that doesn’t go away’
- UPDATE: Police say stolen tractor-trailer crashed into famed brothel near Carson City