Bowman wins X Games gold
January 29, 2014
South Lake Tahoe's Maddie Bowman placed first in the women's halfpipe finals at the Winter X Games Aspen on Friday night.
Bowman scored a best of 88.66 in her second of her three runs topping the field of eight finalists, according to the X Games website. She scored 82.00 in her first run and 85.66 in her third.
This is Bowman's second X Games gold and third medal overall after her first appearance in 2011. Last year, she placed first in Aspen and third at X Games Tignes. She also placed second in Aspen in 2012.
Second place went to Roz Groenewoud of Canada with a score of 85.66 and third place went to Marie Martinod of France with a score of 82.33.
American Lindsey Jacobellis also won gold in women's snowboardcross. With the win Friday, Jacobellis now has eight X Games golds. She is a three-time world champion. With all due respect to the Europeans and the always-strong stable of Canadian riders — among them, Dominique Maltais and Ricker, the defending Olympic champion — nobody can match resumes with Jacobellis.
—The Associated Press contributed to this report
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Clearly Tahoe offers new perspective of Lake Tahoe with clear kayaks
- South Lake Tahoe swim coach retires after 46 years
- ACC celebrity golf tournament breaks attendance record
- South Tahoe High students get taste of broadcasting at ACC celebrity golf tournament
- Laser National Championships sail into Lake Tahoe
- Smoke from Mariposa County fire continues to fill Tahoe Basin (video)
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Mariposa County fire in California threatens 1,500 structures near Yosemite
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite