Bruso wins third game
May 22, 2003
Right-hander Greg Bruso knew what to do with an early 5-1 lead against California League leader Bakersfield on Tuesday night in San Jose.
The South Tahoe High graduate spread out seven Bakersfield hits en route to his third victory as the Giants won 6-4.
Bakersfield scored single runs in the second, third and sixth innings. Two of the three runs were earned. Bruso struck out six and walked two in six innings.
Bruso (3-4) dropped into a fourth-place tie in the chase for the California League earned run average title. Bruso has a 2.88 ERA, allowing 16 earned runs in 50 innings.
Micah Holst homered during the Giants’ five-run second inning.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort opening today
- Lake Tahoe Community College Coyotes fall to Santa Rosa in NorCal quarterfinals
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- New attractions set stage for 2017-18 winter at Tahoe resorts
- Heavenly, Northstar push back opening days to Nov. 23; Kirkwood to announce new date
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- Where to go in Tahoe if you don’t want to cook a Thanksgiving meal