Celebration of life to be held for Kathy Bluethman
May 31, 2013
Whittell athletic director Kathy Bluethman died Wednesday night at home after a two-year battle with breast cancer.
“Tahoe lost its biggest angel,” said Chris McCarthy, Bluethman’s partner.
There will be a celebration of Bluethman’s life and her dedication to Whittell and South Tahoe students held next week. Details to follow.
Bluethman, who also coached at South Tahoe for more than a decade, was one of the biggest advocates and supporters of student-athletics at the South Shore. In lieu of flowers, her friends and family have requested that service attendees make a small donation to the George Whittell athletic department.
Trending In: Sports
- Queen of the halfpipe: South Lake Tahoe native Maddie Bowman dominates the competition on skis — and loves her craft
- Whittell boys b-ball looks to continue the culture, defend state championship in 2016-17 season
- South Tahoe boys b-ball aims to contend for league title in 2016-17 season behind talent and experience
- Biking boost: South Lake Tahoe awarded silver designation as Bicycle Friendly Community, trending in positive direction
- Warm up, cool down: Add a routine before and after a day on the mountain for a long, healthy season in the snow
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe food tampering suspect caught shoplifting dog food at Raley’s last summer
- Police seeking assistance with hit and run outside Harveys Lake Tahoe
- Stay ‘bear aware’ during winter in the Lake Tahoe region
- Police seeking suspect in purse thefts at Stateline casinos