Celebration of life to be held for Kathy Bluethman
Ryan Summerlin May 31, 2013
Whittell athletic director Kathy Bluethman died Wednesday night at home after a two-year battle with breast cancer.
“Tahoe lost its biggest angel,” said Chris McCarthy, Bluethman’s partner.
There will be a celebration of Bluethman’s life and her dedication to Whittell and South Tahoe students held next week. Details to follow.
Bluethman, who also coached at South Tahoe for more than a decade, was one of the biggest advocates and supporters of student-athletics at the South Shore. In lieu of flowers, her friends and family have requested that service attendees make a small donation to the George Whittell athletic department.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- Take a hike: A scenic jaunt to Lake Margaret is well worth the work (watch the video)
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- Sports Roundup: Lake Tahoe CC women’s soccer wins non-conference finale, South Tahoe volleyball extends streak, Vikings boys soccer rallies for tie
- South Lake Tahoe Warm Room consequences (opinion)
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: BEAR League board member says, ‘We are not making this up’
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species