Celebration of life to be held for Kathy Bluethman
May 31, 2013
Whittell athletic director Kathy Bluethman died Wednesday night at home after a two-year battle with breast cancer.
"Tahoe lost its biggest angel," said Chris McCarthy, Bluethman's partner.
There will be a celebration of Bluethman's life and her dedication to Whittell and South Tahoe students held next week. Details to follow.
Bluethman, who also coached at South Tahoe for more than a decade, was one of the biggest advocates and supporters of student-athletics at the South Shore. In lieu of flowers, her friends and family have requested that service attendees make a small donation to the George Whittell athletic department.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Still mixed conditions on some Lake Tahoe trails following big winter, mild spring
- Steph Curry joins list of celebrities playing in American Century Championship at Lake Tahoe
- Justin Timberlake to compete in 2017 Lake Tahoe ACC celebrity golf tournament
- CUFA Tahoe soccer tournament kicks off
- Blair O’Neal featured at Lake Tahoe ACC celebrity golf event
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Kayaker reported missing at Lake Tahoe found safe in hotel room
- Ask Tessie: What are the most important rules of beach etiquette in Lake Tahoe?
- Minden woman who died after falling in Upper Truckee River remembered at celebration of life
- Search continues in reduced capacity for missing kayaker at Lake Tahoe