Charrette, Shaw represent South Tahoe in state golf
May 17, 2013
Vikings state results
Tre Charrette 90, 80 170 finished 22 overall
Connor Shaw 94, 88 182 finished 35 overall
Tre Charrette and Connor Shaw didn’t have the luxury of rolling six deep to the state championships.
The two South Tahoe golfers had individually qualified for the NIAA Division I-A State Championships at Sage Ridge Golf Course in Reno, Nev., so Tuesday and Wednesday would have to be solo missions. Charrette and Shaw earned their spots in state by finishing in the top five outside of team qualification.
“Both boys have showed steady improvement over the season,” said South Tahoe coach Nathan Crnich.
Charrette led the way with a 90 on the first day and an 80 on the second to combine for a 170 and 22nd place overall. This season, Charrette shaved 19 strokes off his game, starting with a 99 and ending with an 80 on Wednesday.
“Tre seemed to really step it up at the end of the season and at state,” Crnich said.
Shaw fired a 94 on Day 1 and an 88 on Day 2 to combine for a 182 and 35th overall. This season, Shaw led the Vikings with an 89.2 average, and shot a team-low 85.
The state championships conclude the Vikings season, but the team will return several key players next year.
“Connor will be junior next year, and Tre a senior. We will have Austin Williams, another strong golfer returning next year, as well as a few others, which should hopefully put us in the running for a division title,” Crnich said. “Overall, I am very pleased with the how these boys played this season and at state.”
Trending In: Sports
- Queen of the halfpipe: South Lake Tahoe native Maddie Bowman dominates the competition on skis — and loves her craft
- Whittell boys b-ball looks to continue the culture, defend state championship in 2016-17 season
- South Tahoe boys b-ball aims to contend for league title in 2016-17 season behind talent and experience
- Biking boost: South Lake Tahoe awarded silver designation as Bicycle Friendly Community, trending in positive direction
- Warm up, cool down: Add a routine before and after a day on the mountain for a long, healthy season in the snow
- Lake Tahoe food tampering suspect caught shoplifting dog food at Raley’s last summer
- Stay ‘bear aware’ during winter in the Lake Tahoe region
- Police seeking assistance with hit and run outside Harveys Lake Tahoe
- Police seeking suspect in purse thefts at Stateline casinos
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe