Conard no-hits Dayton, South Tahoe softball wins 13-1
April 2, 2015
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE — Kendra Conard delivered a first in her South Tahoe softball career on Tuesday. The sophomore no-hit visiting Dayton, striking out 11 as the Vikings rolled to a 13-1 win on their home field.
Conard had 11 strikeouts and no walks in the no-hitter — Dayton's lone run was unearned. She also hit her sixth home run of the season, and finished the game 2-for-4 with a double, home run, three RBIs and two runs.
In the win, South Tahoe (3-7 I-A Northern) scored 13 unanswered runs after falling behind 1-0 in the top of the third. The Vikings responded with three runs in the bottom of the third and added 10 more in the fourth to turn the game into a rout — Dayton (0-10) ended a seven-game scoreless streak in the loss.
The Vikings had 13 hits in Tuesday's win — including five players with two hits apiece. Sativa Chambers finished 2-for-3 with three RBIs and two runs, while Nina Barnhart went 2-for-3 with an RBI and two runs — Brooke Erdody and Sam Kallas each were 2-for-3 with an RBI and a run.
South Tahoe returns to action Friday, when it begins a three-game series at Lowry (11-2, 8-1). First pitch for Friday's series opener is scheduled for 3 p.m. — Saturday's doubleheader starts at 11 a.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort opening today
- Die-hard skiers and riders turn out for opening day at Kirkwood Mountain (videos)
- Lake Tahoe Community College Coyotes fall to Santa Rosa in NorCal quarterfinals
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- New attractions set stage for 2017-18 winter at Tahoe resorts
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- Where to go in Tahoe if you don’t want to cook a Thanksgiving meal