Cops holding Special Olympics fundraiser
June 12, 2014
Troopers from the Nevada Highway Patrol, and other Department of Public Safety employees, will be raising money for Special Olympics Nevada and California this Saturday at the Hard Rock Cafe.
The troopers and public safety employees will be assisting Hard Rock waiters and waitresses during lunch and dinner hours to work toward "special tips" put toward sports training and competition activities for area Special Olympic athletes.
Envelopes will be left at each table for those guests wishing to make a donation. These "special tips" are in addition to the regular servers gratuity.
At 4 p.m. officers and firefighters will be competing in a chicken wing eating contest and winner earns a $500 gift certificate for a charity of choice.
Raffle tickets will be sold during dining hours and prizes will be raffled off at 8 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Smoke from Mariposa County fire continues to fill Tahoe Basin (video)
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Mariposa County fire in California threatens 1,500 structures near Yosemite
- Sierra homeowners are losing coverage because of surrounding brush, trees
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday