Cops holding Special Olympics fundraiser
June 12, 2014
Troopers from the Nevada Highway Patrol, and other Department of Public Safety employees, will be raising money for Special Olympics Nevada and California this Saturday at the Hard Rock Cafe.
The troopers and public safety employees will be assisting Hard Rock waiters and waitresses during lunch and dinner hours to work toward “special tips” put toward sports training and competition activities for area Special Olympic athletes.
Envelopes will be left at each table for those guests wishing to make a donation. These “special tips” are in addition to the regular servers gratuity.
At 4 p.m. officers and firefighters will be competing in a chicken wing eating contest and winner earns a $500 gift certificate for a charity of choice.
Raffle tickets will be sold during dining hours and prizes will be raffled off at 8 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Mac the Naw: Still plenty of options for late-season fishing, including Lake Tahoe
- South Tahoe wrestling enters 2016-17 season full of confidence, led by defending state champion Herrera
- Biking boost: South Lake Tahoe awarded silver designation as Bicycle Friendly Community, trending in positive direction
- On the rebound: South Tahoe girls b-ball looks to bounce back in 2016-17 season
- Sports Roundup: South Tahoe, Whittell basketball teams hit the court for preseason tournaments
- Underwater photographer captures clarity of Lake Tahoe
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- South Shore’s The Lake House Restaurant opens its doors
- South Shore community comes together for 23-year-old fighting cancer
- Free pet adoptions at El Dorado County animal shelters during December