Cops holding Special Olympics fundraiser
June 12, 2014
Troopers from the Nevada Highway Patrol, and other Department of Public Safety employees, will be raising money for Special Olympics Nevada and California this Saturday at the Hard Rock Cafe.
The troopers and public safety employees will be assisting Hard Rock waiters and waitresses during lunch and dinner hours to work toward "special tips" put toward sports training and competition activities for area Special Olympic athletes.
Envelopes will be left at each table for those guests wishing to make a donation. These "special tips" are in addition to the regular servers gratuity.
At 4 p.m. officers and firefighters will be competing in a chicken wing eating contest and winner earns a $500 gift certificate for a charity of choice.
Raffle tickets will be sold during dining hours and prizes will be raffled off at 8 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Fresno man falls to his death at Harveys Lake Tahoe
- Former StubHub CTO to launch mental health care app based in South Lake Tahoe
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- Dine, stay and play at some of Lake Tahoe’s Alps-inspired locales
- Brutal winter at Lake Tahoe unlikely to push school year later into summer