Cops holding Special Olympics fundraiser
Ryan Summerlin June 12, 2014
Troopers from the Nevada Highway Patrol, and other Department of Public Safety employees, will be raising money for Special Olympics Nevada and California this Saturday at the Hard Rock Cafe.
The troopers and public safety employees will be assisting Hard Rock waiters and waitresses during lunch and dinner hours to work toward “special tips” put toward sports training and competition activities for area Special Olympic athletes.
Envelopes will be left at each table for those guests wishing to make a donation. These “special tips” are in addition to the regular servers gratuity.
At 4 p.m. officers and firefighters will be competing in a chicken wing eating contest and winner earns a $500 gift certificate for a charity of choice.
Raffle tickets will be sold during dining hours and prizes will be raffled off at 8 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to South Shore for 21st year, brings fun to running
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- Sports Roundup: Lake Tahoe CC women’s soccer wins non-conference finale, South Tahoe volleyball extends streak, Vikings boys soccer rallies for tie
- South Lake Tahoe Warm Room consequences (opinion)
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: Goodbye, old friend
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species