Lake Tahoe Coyote women net 8th straight shutout, blast Lassen
October 25, 2017
Zareli Villa and Madison Escolar both scored two goals, while Graciela Palencia and Melanie Ara both had a goal and an assist Friday as the Lake Tahoe Community College women's soccer team remained undefeated in the Golden Valley Conference with an 8-0 home win over Lassen College.
The Coyotes (11-2-3, 7-0 GVC) still have not surrendered a goal in GVC play while scoring 51 times. They're beating their opponents on average 7-0 and have won by shutout eight straight times.
Kenya Maltase and Jazmine Corvalan each had two assists for the Lady Coyotes, who didn't allow a shot on goal and recorded their 12th shutout of the season. Santa Rosa products Araceli Romero and Jenny Camacho rounded out the scoring against the Cougars, who have won the past two GVC titles.
Lake Tahoe (11-2-3 overall, 7-0 conference), ranked No. 11 nationally in last week's poll, moved up one spot to No. 10 in the poll that was released Tuesday morning. The Lady Coyotes traveled to play second-place Butte on Tuesday, Oct. 24, in Oroville. They play their final regular season home game at 7 p.m. Friday against Siskiyous.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort opening today
- Die-hard skiers and riders turn out for opening day at Kirkwood Mountain (videos)
- Lake Tahoe Community College Coyotes fall to Santa Rosa in NorCal quarterfinals
- Northstar California Resort cancels Thanksgiving Day opener
- New attractions set stage for 2017-18 winter at Tahoe resorts
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Where to go in Tahoe if you don’t want to cook a Thanksgiving meal
- Editor’s Notes: Reflecting on 1 year at Lake Tahoe (opinion)