Curling club to host first tournament
November 5, 2013
Lake Tahoe Epic Curling will host its first tournament Saturday at South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena.
The tournament — known as a “bonspiel” in curling parlance — will begin at 9 a.m., with teams of four squaring off in three games. The second round will start at noon and the third round will take place later in the afternoon. Club members and teams from Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Roseville and the Bay Area are expected to participate.
In between tournament play, LTEC club members will receive instruction from nationally-recognized curlers.
Curling is traditionally a winter sport in which curlers slide on the ice, carefully sending a polished granite stone (or rock) 150 feet to the other end of the arena, where a target consisting of three concentric rings determines who’s the closest, and who grabs the points.
For information or to learn about curling, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Take a hike: 6 spots to enjoy autumn colors around Lake Tahoe
- Heavenly Mountain Resort debuts on-demand lessons for 2016-17 season
- Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort expands learning terrain, revamps menu, bids water bottles farewell for 2016-17 season
- TAMBA’s Corral Night Ride takes over South Shore trail after dark with Halloween revelry (photos)
- South Tahoe girls soccer downs Fallon 3-0 on Senior Night, celebrates outgoing players
- Lake Tahoe welcomes ski-in, ski-out coworking space at Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Man walks across America (and through Lake Tahoe) to spread word on drug overdose
- My View (Carl Ribaudo): Why the Loop Road matters (opinion)
- Debate continues over South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T and Loop Road Project
- Michael Alan Laub