Curling open house Sunday
February 19, 2014
In conjunction with the finish of the Olympics, LTEC is sponsoring an Open House Sunday from 6-8 p.m. at the South Tahoe Ice Arena on Rufus Allen Boulevard.
The event is free to attend. Guests can watch LTEC’s experienced curlers match up in league play.
“We have quite a few people signed up for this week’s learn-to-curl,” noted LTEC co-founder Ray Sidney. In fact, the club has had more curling requests in the past week than they do in a typical month, including requests for private ice sessions.
“It’s mind-boggling”, said LTEC’s vice president and co-founder Larry Sidney, who is currently in Sochi at the games. “Out here, there are thousands of people at every curling session. People are talking about it all over the Olympic Park. All of the excitement here is showing up at our club back in Tahoe.”
Those who wish to try their hand at the sport can do so from 6-7:45 p.m. To make a reservation, email Info@tahoecurling.com. There is a $10 fee for participating and you can find out more information at http://www.tahoecurling.com.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe football edged by Truckee 21-20 in high-stakes Sierra Bowl
- TAMBA’s Corral Night Ride brings costumed fun to South Shore trails Saturday
- South Tahoe boys tennis falls to Boulder City in 3A State semifinals, ending historic season
- South Tahoe girls soccer falls behind early, loses 3-2 to rival Truckee under the lights
- Tahoe Mountain Milers’ Kokanee, Kirkwood Trail Runs offer challenging courses, benefit local community