Gillings, Lake Tahoe Community College men blow past Redwoods
October 13, 2017
Sophomore forward Lewis Gillings scored two goals Tuesday to lead the Lake Tahoe Community College men's soccer team past the College of the Redwoods 4-0 in Redding.
Coyotes freshmen Ryan Gartland and Peter Garrett added solo goals.
"It was a great team effort against a good Redwoods team," said Coyotes head coach Nicholas Arbelaez. "They will give teams in our conference some issues for sure."
Arbelaez was able to use 25 players in the game thanks to his Coyotes having the run of play throughout. The main starters got rest "which is always beneficial as we head down the stretch," said Arbelaez.
Lake Tahoe (8-3-3, 3-1-1 Golden Valley Conference) wraps up the first half of the GVC slate at 2 p.m. Friday against Shasta in South Lake Tahoe.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe Community College women, men soccer teams both in national poll
- Tahoe MedWAR Challenge creating real life wilderness survival skills
- Whittell football scores 104 in slugfest with Mineral County
- Whittell football hosts Mineral with playoffs in balance
- Vikings football eyes 3rd straight win against Dayton
- Ask Tessie: How do I meet a responsible man in Tahoe?
- Former and current Tahoe residents impacted by Northern California fires
- Construction begins on Round Hill Pines Beach Resort
- Where to view fall foliage — then grab a bite — in Lake Tahoe (video)
- Update on Eldorado National Forest wildfires: Table Fire grows to 250 acres; Ice Fire close to 100% containment