Heavenly to host freeski competition
March 11, 2014
The North Face Park and Pipe Series presented by Nissan has announced an added fourth stop Thursday through Saturday at Heavenly Mountain Resort.
The freeskiing slopestyle competition will take place at the Ante Up Terrain Park and is open to all competitors, giving up-and-coming athletes an opportunity to compete alongside professionals.
"We are excited to offer athletes one more chance to compete this winter at Heavenly Mountain Resort," said Katie Ramage, North Face Sports marketing director. "The resort's excellently maintained terrain parks will provide a wonderful competition venue with Lake Tahoe as a stunning backdrop."
This will be the final stop of the tour. The first three stops were held at Copper Mountain, Colo., Whistler Blackcomb, B.C., and Stratton, Vt.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (videos)
- South Lake Tahoe City Council backpedals on VHR ordinance
- DA releases new video in El Dorado County cold case
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of rain Thursday night, snow Friday morning
- As Election Day nears, divided panel discusses road sales tax Measure C