Heavenly to host freeski competition
March 11, 2014
The North Face Park and Pipe Series presented by Nissan has announced an added fourth stop Thursday through Saturday at Heavenly Mountain Resort.
The freeskiing slopestyle competition will take place at the Ante Up Terrain Park and is open to all competitors, giving up-and-coming athletes an opportunity to compete alongside professionals.
"We are excited to offer athletes one more chance to compete this winter at Heavenly Mountain Resort," said Katie Ramage, North Face Sports marketing director. "The resort's excellently maintained terrain parks will provide a wonderful competition venue with Lake Tahoe as a stunning backdrop."
This will be the final stop of the tour. The first three stops were held at Copper Mountain, Colo., Whistler Blackcomb, B.C., and Stratton, Vt.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Stateline woman riding high after finishing 2nd in Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Clearly Tahoe offers new perspective of Lake Tahoe with clear kayaks
- South Tahoe Babe Ruth baseball all-stars win Nevada State Championship
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Ribaudo column: Is Lake Tahoe’s South Shore at risk of overtourism?
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe