Heavenly to host freeski competition
March 11, 2014
The North Face Park and Pipe Series presented by Nissan has announced an added fourth stop Thursday through Saturday at Heavenly Mountain Resort.
The freeskiing slopestyle competition will take place at the Ante Up Terrain Park and is open to all competitors, giving up-and-coming athletes an opportunity to compete alongside professionals.
“We are excited to offer athletes one more chance to compete this winter at Heavenly Mountain Resort,” said Katie Ramage, North Face Sports marketing director. “The resort’s excellently maintained terrain parks will provide a wonderful competition venue with Lake Tahoe as a stunning backdrop.”
This will be the final stop of the tour. The first three stops were held at Copper Mountain, Colo., Whistler Blackcomb, B.C., and Stratton, Vt.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Lake Tahoe’s South Shore ski resorts prep for powder, large crowds on Presidents Day weekend
- Update: Charter Communications services restored in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Weather: 4 to 8 inches of new snow; another atmospheric river expected Monday
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week