Hockey host families needed
July 10, 2014
The Lake Tahoe Blue hockey team is looking for host families for the 2014-15 season.
This will be the teams second season in South Lake Tahoe and players range in age from 16-20. Most players are expected to seek employment during their time in South Tahoe.
The Blue is looking for patient families who are interested in sharing their lifestyle with the players. Families are allowed to host more than one player.
Requirements include a separate, furnished room for the player or two players, three meals per day or resources to make his own food and a friendly home atmosphere.
Occasionally, players are from Europe and speak English as a second language.
The hockey season generally runs from September through March or April and host families receive a stipend of $350 a month along with season tickets and other benefits from the Blue.
Interested families or for more information contact Spencer Jamison at 408-444-1710.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe ascends as rock climbing destination
- Which Lake Tahoe golf courses are open for play?
- Hike around Lake Tahoe: Most backcountry trails still covered with ‘a lot of snow’
- South Tahoe football player to attend University of San Diego
- Whittell, South Tahoe track teams to compete at NIAA state tournament
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- Tahoe crime recap: Scissor-wielding transient man arrested after hurling profanity, threats
- Suggestions for making the most of Memorial Day weekend at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: Police say stolen tractor-trailer crashed into famed brothel near Carson City
- Ribaudo column: Housing in Tahoe — ‘like a bad toothache that doesn’t go away’