Jr. Pee Wees ready for home redemption
September 24, 2013
The South Tahoe Jr. Pee Wees traveled to Sparks, Nev., to take on the Reno South Jr. Pee Wees. Under cold rainy conditions the South Tahoe Jr. Pee Wees suffered their first loss of the season.
"Despite a tremendous effort from our boys they were unable to overcome a very good Reno team," coaches said.
Head coach Ken Robbins was very pleased with how hard the boys worked, however, coach Robbins reminded the boys that they can't make mistakes and still defeat a well-coached team like Reno South.
But the offensive line worked hard from the opening kickoff to the last whistle and held its own against a much bigger defensive line. The offensive line, led by Derek Robbins, Logan Field, Jaden Martin, Isaiah Daley, Jack Forvilly, Hayden Waters and Jack White, all played outstanding.
Since the South Tahoe Jr. Pee Wees are a team filled with boys that have played football for seven years, it is determined to work hard this week in practice and come prepared on Saturday for the first home game at Viking Stadium against Reno Central. The Jr. Pee Wees game kicks off at 8 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort opening today
- Lake Tahoe Community College Coyotes fall to Santa Rosa in NorCal quarterfinals
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- New attractions set stage for 2017-18 winter at Tahoe resorts
- Heavenly, Northstar push back opening days to Nov. 23; Kirkwood to announce new date
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- Where to go in Tahoe if you don’t want to cook a Thanksgiving meal