Kirkwood Mountain Resort opens for 2016-17 season (photos)
November 29, 2016
KIRKWOOD, Calif. — Tahoe’s big mountain saw its first turns of the 2016-17 season during opening day Saturday, Nov. 26. Kirkwood Mountain Resort had four lifts and eight runs open last Saturday, all covered with fresh snow from earlier in the week.
During the Thanksgiving holiday week, 23 inches of snow fell at Kirkwood to allow for strong season-opening conditions. For more information on the South Shore resort, visit http://www.kirkwood.com.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe weather: Collapsed roof, minor avalanche and more fallout from recent storms
- Lake Tahoe weather: 2 to 4 more feet of snow expected by Monday
- Over 500 walk in Lake Tahoe Women’s March (photos)
- Code rewrite aims to address ‘resort fee’ trend
- Lake Tahoe Women’s March: Bi-state peaceful walk to be held in support of women’s rights