Kirkwood Mountain Resort opens for 2016-17 season (photos)
November 29, 2016
KIRKWOOD, Calif. — Tahoe's big mountain saw its first turns of the 2016-17 season during opening day Saturday, Nov. 26. Kirkwood Mountain Resort had four lifts and eight runs open last Saturday, all covered with fresh snow from earlier in the week.
During the Thanksgiving holiday week, 23 inches of snow fell at Kirkwood to allow for strong season-opening conditions. For more information on the South Shore resort, visit http://www.kirkwood.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Edgewood Tahoe gearing up for American Century Championship celebrity golf
- LAX at the Lake lacrosse tournament empowers girls through sports
- Heavenly’s Epic Discovery program: Ultimate outdoor summer playground at Lake Tahoe (video)
- Still mixed conditions on some Lake Tahoe trails following big winter, mild spring