Kirkwood Mountain Resort opens for 2016-17 season (photos)
November 29, 2016
KIRKWOOD, Calif. — Tahoe’s big mountain saw its first turns of the 2016-17 season during opening day Saturday, Nov. 26. Kirkwood Mountain Resort had four lifts and eight runs open last Saturday, all covered with fresh snow from earlier in the week.
During the Thanksgiving holiday week, 23 inches of snow fell at Kirkwood to allow for strong season-opening conditions. For more information on the South Shore resort, visit http://www.kirkwood.com.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe wrestling enters 2016-17 season full of confidence, led by defending state champion Herrera
- Mac the Naw: Still plenty of options for late-season fishing, including Lake Tahoe
- Sports Roundup: South Tahoe, Whittell basketball teams hit the court for preseason tournaments
- Biking boost: South Lake Tahoe awarded silver designation as Bicycle Friendly Community, trending in positive direction
- On the rebound: South Tahoe girls b-ball looks to bounce back in 2016-17 season