Kirkwood Mountain Resort opens for 2016-17 season (photos)
November 29, 2016
KIRKWOOD, Calif. — Tahoe's big mountain saw its first turns of the 2016-17 season during opening day Saturday, Nov. 26. Kirkwood Mountain Resort had four lifts and eight runs open last Saturday, all covered with fresh snow from earlier in the week.
During the Thanksgiving holiday week, 23 inches of snow fell at Kirkwood to allow for strong season-opening conditions. For more information on the South Shore resort, visit http://www.kirkwood.com.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe football player to attend University of San Diego
- Tahoe Rim Trail Association launches new website
- South Tahoe baseball tops Truckee in double-header
- Hike around Lake Tahoe: Most backcountry trails still covered with ‘a lot of snow’
- Hidden talent: Why haven’t more Latino players gone on to the next level?
- Mexican food, brewery, yoga and more at The Crossing by the Y
- Former Lake Tahoe Humane Society director denies embezzlement allegations
- Tahoe crime recap: Man lights car on fire after taking LSD and being subjected to ‘satanic magic’
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- South Lake Tahoe man arrested in high-speed chase that ended in Carson City