Lady Warriors fall to Falcons
January 31, 2014
Whittell girls basketball got off to a slow start Tuesday night against Sierra Lutheran.
Senior Zoe Bertz scored all six points for the Lady Warriors in the first half who went on to lose 28-24.
“We came out flat with no energy,” coach Tom Esposito said.
“We picked it up in the second half, but it was too little too late.”
After trailing 21-13 at the end of the third quarter, Whittell came back within five points with three minutes left in the game before sinking one last foul shot.
Bertz ended the game with 12 points and sophomore Daria Sharon followed with nine.
Whittell’s next game is at Pyramid Lake High School on Saturday.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe wrestling enters 2016-17 season full of confidence, led by defending state champion Herrera
- Mac the Naw: Still plenty of options for late-season fishing, including Lake Tahoe
- Biking boost: South Lake Tahoe awarded silver designation as Bicycle Friendly Community, trending in positive direction
- On the rebound: South Tahoe girls b-ball looks to bounce back in 2016-17 season
- Sports Roundup: South Tahoe, Whittell basketball teams hit the court for preseason tournaments
- Underwater photographer captures clarity of Lake Tahoe
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- South Shore’s The Lake House Restaurant opens its doors
- Tire center: 2-3 tires a day pierced by ‘ninja caltrops’ in South Lake Tahoe
- South Shore community comes together for 23-year-old fighting cancer