Lady Warriors fall to Falcons
Ryan Summerlin January 31, 2014
Whittell girls basketball got off to a slow start Tuesday night against Sierra Lutheran.
Senior Zoe Bertz scored all six points for the Lady Warriors in the first half who went on to lose 28-24.
“We came out flat with no energy,” coach Tom Esposito said.
“We picked it up in the second half, but it was too little too late.”
After trailing 21-13 at the end of the third quarter, Whittell came back within five points with three minutes left in the game before sinking one last foul shot.
Bertz ended the game with 12 points and sophomore Daria Sharon followed with nine.
Whittell’s next game is at Pyramid Lake High School on Saturday.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- Take a hike: A scenic jaunt to Lake Margaret is well worth the work (watch the video)
- Sports Roundup: Lake Tahoe CC women’s soccer wins non-conference finale, South Tahoe volleyball extends streak, Vikings boys soccer rallies for tie
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: BEAR League board member says, ‘We are not making this up’
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M
- My view: Nevada vs. California mentality undermines community (opinion)