Lake Tahoe sports briefs: Excel sign-ups set for Feb. 15
February 10, 2017
Excel Athletics will be having football sign-ups on Feb. 15, from 5 to 7 p.m., at the Khale Community Center. Excel Athletics is a full-contact tackle football league. For more information, contact Thomas O'Keefe at 530-545-2847.
Little Warriors basketball camps
The Little Warriors basketball camps for boys and girls ages 5-13 return for a second year. Sessions will take place from 3 to 4 p.m. Sundays at the Whittell High School gym. Players are grouped by ages 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 and 11 -13. The camp teaches the fundamental skills of basketball including: balance, dribbling, pivoting, passing, jumping, shooting and conditioning.
Accelerated sessions for more advanced players ages 11-15 will take place from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Participants must be pre-approved. Contact Phil Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org 530-518-8588 with any questions. The first session is Sunday, Feb. 12, at 3 p.m. It is free.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort opening today
- Die-hard skiers and riders turn out for opening day at Kirkwood Mountain (videos)
- Lake Tahoe Community College Coyotes fall to Santa Rosa in NorCal quarterfinals
- Northstar California Resort cancels Thanksgiving Day opener
- New attractions set stage for 2017-18 winter at Tahoe resorts
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Where to go in Tahoe if you don’t want to cook a Thanksgiving meal
- Editor’s Notes: Reflecting on 1 year at Lake Tahoe (opinion)