Little League ends district run
July 4, 2014
Carson City—The South Tahoe 10-11 little league team lost it's second game of the double elimination district tournament Thursday night to Washoe.
After losing the opening game, South Tahoe won five straight to qualify for the championship game Thursday where the team went on to lose 11-3.
"We had a great seven days. We lost our first game then we were on the brink of elimination for five straight games, we won every single game and we just ran up against a really good Washoe team," said head coach Mark Lehmann.
Cameron Lehmann and Kyle Clark combine on the mound for the six innings.
“We’re proud of South Tahoe, this group of kids made it to the championship game twice which no other group has ever done”
Levi Shambaugh, Travis Lee and Eric Vassar each recorded RBIs.
"We're proud of South Tahoe, these group of kids made it to the championship game twice which no other group has every done and we look forward to big things," Lehmann said.
The 11-12 team also dropped it's game the same night to Reno American 14-7 in extra innings.
South Tahoe is now eliminated after losing its game Wednesday night to Reno National 11-2.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ACC celebrity golf tournament breaks attendance record
- Laser National Championships sail into Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe swim coach retires after 46 years
- Wanderlust: World’s largest yoga festival returns to Squaw Valley July 20-23
- Photos: Curry, Timberlake and Romo draw big crowds on final day of American Century Championship
- Smoke from Mariposa County fire continues to fill Tahoe Basin (video)
- Mariposa County fire in California threatens 1,500 structures near Yosemite
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Sierra homeowners are losing coverage because of surrounding brush, trees
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday