Little League ends district run
July 4, 2014
Carson City—The South Tahoe 10-11 little league team lost it's second game of the double elimination district tournament Thursday night to Washoe.
After losing the opening game, South Tahoe won five straight to qualify for the championship game Thursday where the team went on to lose 11-3.
"We had a great seven days. We lost our first game then we were on the brink of elimination for five straight games, we won every single game and we just ran up against a really good Washoe team," said head coach Mark Lehmann.
Cameron Lehmann and Kyle Clark combine on the mound for the six innings.
“We’re proud of South Tahoe, this group of kids made it to the championship game twice which no other group has ever done”
Levi Shambaugh, Travis Lee and Eric Vassar each recorded RBIs.
"We're proud of South Tahoe, these group of kids made it to the championship game twice which no other group has every done and we look forward to big things," Lehmann said.
The 11-12 team also dropped it's game the same night to Reno American 14-7 in extra innings.
South Tahoe is now eliminated after losing its game Wednesday night to Reno National 11-2.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe ascends as rock climbing destination
- Which Lake Tahoe golf courses are open for play?
- Hike around Lake Tahoe: Most backcountry trails still covered with ‘a lot of snow’
- South Tahoe football player to attend University of San Diego
- Whittell, South Tahoe track teams to compete at NIAA state tournament
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- Tahoe crime recap: Scissor-wielding transient man arrested after hurling profanity, threats
- Suggestions for making the most of Memorial Day weekend at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: Police say stolen tractor-trailer crashed into famed brothel near Carson City
- Ribaudo column: Housing in Tahoe — ‘like a bad toothache that doesn’t go away’