April 16, 2013
Kirkwood to remain open until Sunday
Thanks to some fresh snow and its higher elevation, Kirkwood Mountain Resort will remain open with limited operations until Sunday. The resort will operate chair 1, 5, 6 and 11 on the front side of the mountain. The backside and Timber Creek will be closed.
Golfing for a good cause
South Tahoe and Whittell's 26th Annual Booster Club Golf Tournament will be held May 4 and 5 at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course. This fun filled event includes a chance to win trophies, raffle prizes, a closest to the pin contest, and a hole in one prize.
The $125 entry fee includes 18 holes of golf, a golf cart, and Whittell's famous booster club lunch. Each day is an individual tournament with a scramble format. Individuals, couples, and foursomes are welcome.
"This annual fundraiser is a joint effort between South Tahoe and Whittell High School Booster Clubs to raise much needed funds for our local students," said Kevin Kjer, tournament director.
Due to the generosity and support of Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course, all of the funds raised go directly to the schools. Last year more than $28,000 was raised.
"Please come enjoy a day of golf at a fantastic course and support our schools. It is a casual tournament and lots of fun," Kjer said.
For a sign-up form please contact Kevin Kjer at 775-588-6354 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration open for Race the Lake of the Sky
Registration is now open for the 2013 Race the Lake of the Sky. After a successful race last year, Standup Paddle plans to make the 2013 race even bigger and better. The race will be held June 29-30 at El Dorado Beach, and is open to paddleboarders of all ages and skill levels.
General race entry fees are discounted for those who register online early. The general race entry fee online is $65. The onsite fee is $80. Children 12 and younger and relay teams cost $20. Registration includes breakfast, lunch, a shirt, swag and a raffle ticket. For more information visit http://www.racethelakeofthesky.com.
ASA adds new Softball sign up dates
The Amateur Softball Association will be holding sign ups for youth softball players on Thursday from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Kahle Community Center. The ASA is a South Shore league for girls to play softball in before they reach high school. For more information please contact Dani at 530-208-6094
Compiled by staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Heavenly’s Epic Discovery program: Ultimate outdoor summer playground at Lake Tahoe (video)
- Still mixed conditions on some Lake Tahoe trails following big winter, mild spring
- Steph Curry joins list of celebrities playing in American Century Championship at Lake Tahoe
- Justin Timberlake to compete in 2017 Lake Tahoe ACC celebrity golf tournament
- Which Lake Tahoe golf courses are open for play?
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Parking restrictions beefed up at Raley’s Village Center
- 5 things to know about the proposed South Lake Tahoe sales tax for roads
- Minden woman who died after falling in Upper Truckee River remembered at celebration of life