Local soccer players fare well in tournament
Ryan Summerlin April 15, 2014
Ahlyssa Jordan Gonzalez and Haley Johnson of South Lake Tahoe played in the Comstock Shootout Tournament this past weekend with the Carson Valley United soccer team.
CV United, in its first in the regular season, came out with confidence in the U-14 age group beating teams from Northern California and Idaho.
In game one, CV United beat Black Nova 3-1 with two goals from Sedona Robinson and one from Maya Smith. Game two was a 3-1 loss against Pacific Storm. Peri Buck scored the lone goal for CV United. In the semifinal game against Soccer Express Team Heat, Sedona Robinson and Maya Smith both tallied two goals to send CV United into the championship game.
In the final game United’s defense never let up and held on for the shut out as the game ended in a 1-0 United victory. Jordan Gonzalez, who attends South Tahoe Middle School, scored the winning goal in the first half.
The team wants to recognize coaches, Jeremy Weston, Tim Smith, Freddy Gonzalez and all the parents of CV United, who know what it takes to make a team.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to South Shore for 21st year, brings fun to running
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- South Tahoe volleyball hangs with league leading Truckee, falls in four sets
- South Lake Tahoe Warm Room consequences (opinion)
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: Goodbye, old friend
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species