Local soccer players fare well in tournament
April 15, 2014
Ahlyssa Jordan Gonzalez and Haley Johnson of South Lake Tahoe played in the Comstock Shootout Tournament this past weekend with the Carson Valley United soccer team.
CV United, in its first in the regular season, came out with confidence in the U-14 age group beating teams from Northern California and Idaho.
In game one, CV United beat Black Nova 3-1 with two goals from Sedona Robinson and one from Maya Smith. Game two was a 3-1 loss against Pacific Storm. Peri Buck scored the lone goal for CV United. In the semifinal game against Soccer Express Team Heat, Sedona Robinson and Maya Smith both tallied two goals to send CV United into the championship game.
In the final game United's defense never let up and held on for the shut out as the game ended in a 1-0 United victory. Jordan Gonzalez, who attends South Tahoe Middle School, scored the winning goal in the first half.
The team wants to recognize coaches, Jeremy Weston, Tim Smith, Freddy Gonzalez and all the parents of CV United, who know what it takes to make a team.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- South Tahoe’s Sullivan signs with St. Mary’s College
- Solano forfeits Saturday match, Lake Tahoe Community College advances in playoffs
- Heavenly, Northstar push back opening days to Nov. 23; Kirkwood to announce new date
- Lake Tahoe Community College Coyotes get No. 3 seed, will host Solano Saturday