Bertz leads Whittell golf team to third
April 30, 2013
The Whittell golf team finished third in a Northern Division III tournament at Carson Valley Golf Course last Wednesday.
Led by senior Zoe Bertz, the Warriors posted a team score of 463 between their top five golfers. Incline won with a low score of 411, while North Tahoe was second at 442 and Sierra Lutheran fourth at 474. Yerington, Sage Ridge and Mineral County did not have complete teams.
Bertz carded an 89 to finish in a tie for 10th place individually. Anders Chaplin shot a 92, while Derek Werle shot a 93, Kristian Aynedter a 94, Steven Beeler a 95 and Logan Manchester a 97.
Incline golfers finished 1-2-3, with Mitchell Cornell earning tournament medalist honors with a 1-under-par 71. Dylan Smith was second with a 79 and Bryan Golombik was third with an 81.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- American Century Championship reveals 2016 lineup; celebrity golf tournament returns to Edgewood Tahoe in July
- Tahoe Training Camps brings high-level soccer to the region, locals hit the pitch during South Lake Tahoe camp
- Aces low: Whittell baseball falls to cross-lake foe Incline 14-4 at Greater Nevada Field
- South Tahoe softball athlete earns scholarship to play at South Dakota State University
- Smoke from Mariposa County fire continues to fill Tahoe Basin (video)
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Mariposa County fire in California threatens 1,500 structures near Yosemite
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite