Charrette, Shaw make state cut
Ryan Summerlin May 10, 2013
South Tahoe Top 5
Tre Charrette 86
Connor Shaw 90
Austin Williams 91
Kyle Oberhaus 96
Roger Williams 111
Led by Tre Charrette, who along with teammate Connor Shaw qualified to compete in the state championship tournament next week, the South Tahoe golf team finished the season with a fourth-place finish at Old Greenwood Golf Course in Truckee on Thursday.
Lowry took the win with a low team score of 415. Elko was second with a 431 and Spring Creek third at 438. South Tahoe posted a score of 462 and was followed by Dayton (464), host Truckee (475), Fallon (511), Fernley (523) and Sparks (566).
Charrette fired an 86 to lead the Vikings, which was good enough for an eighth-place tie. Shaw shot a 90, Austin Williams a 91, Kyle Oberhaus a 96 and Roger Williams a 111 to round out the Vikings’ top five scores.
Cole Erquiaga of Lowry earned medalist honors with a 78. Lowry’s Ethan Gray was second with a 79 and Elko’s Caden Bammesberger third with an 81.
The Northern Division I-A will not conduct a regional championship. Instead the top three teams based on the seven regular-season tournaments — Lowry, Elko and Spring Creek — advanced to the state championship.
The top five individuals from non-qualifying teams also earned state berths. They include Justice Akerson (82.8) of Fernley, Jake Turner (87) of Dayton, Shaw (89.2) and Charette (92.6), Jeff Evett (92.6) of Fallon and Jeff Brooks (92.8) of Dayton.
The Division I and Division I-A State Boys Golf Tournaments are scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday, May 14-15, at Sierra Sage Golf Course in Reno.
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- Lake Tahoe CC women’s soccer reveals 2016 recruiting class, looks to build with talented, versatile group
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- South Lake Tahoe Warm Room consequences (opinion)
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species
- Letter: Goodbye, old friend