Defense leads freshmen to victory
September 20, 2013
South Tahoe 14,6,6,8—34
The South Tahoe freshmen football team traveled four hours to Winnemucca, Nev., to face the Lowry Buckaroos on Thursday Night.
The Vikings came home with a 34-14 victory behind a strong defense that forced three fumbles and two interceptions. A strong offensive line also contributed to the win, springing running backs Jacob Bernal and Noah Jackson.
Quarterback Tommy Cefalu threw for more than 150 yards and one touchdown to wide receiver Jake Miller. Jacob Bernal scored three touchdowns on runs and Noah Jackson took a handoff, cutback against an aggressive blitz and raced down the sideline for a 45-yard touchdown run.
UP NEXT: The Vikings' freshman take their two game winning streak (2-1) into a game on Thursday night in Reno versus Wooster High School.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Big BMX qualifier
- Los Angeles Jr. Kings hockey teams drop the puck for training camp in South Lake Tahoe
- Reno Aces baseball announces opening day roster, opens 2016 season Thursday at Greater Nevada Field
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Revisiting Angora Fire 10 years after devastating blaze ignited in Lake Tahoe
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge