Defense leads freshmen to victory
September 20, 2013
South Tahoe 14,6,6,8—34
The South Tahoe freshmen football team traveled four hours to Winnemucca, Nev., to face the Lowry Buckaroos on Thursday Night.
The Vikings came home with a 34-14 victory behind a strong defense that forced three fumbles and two interceptions. A strong offensive line also contributed to the win, springing running backs Jacob Bernal and Noah Jackson.
Quarterback Tommy Cefalu threw for more than 150 yards and one touchdown to wide receiver Jake Miller. Jacob Bernal scored three touchdowns on runs and Noah Jackson took a handoff, cutback against an aggressive blitz and raced down the sideline for a 45-yard touchdown run.
UP NEXT: The Vikings' freshman take their two game winning streak (2-1) into a game on Thursday night in Reno versus Wooster High School.
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe Vikings track team starts season
- South Tahoe baseball begins Northern 3A conference play
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Success in strength: New Viking Strength and Conditioning Center offers cutting-edge tool for South Tahoe athletics
- American Century Championship reveals 2016 lineup; celebrity golf tournament returns to Edgewood Tahoe in July
- Another roof collapses near Lake Tahoe
- Marina fee increase forces cancellation of 2017 South Tahoe Wooden Boat Classic
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter weather advisory in effect through Saturday morning
- Tahoe crime recap: Drunk driver tries to run witness off road after hitting bicyclist