Friday Night Lights Soccer Style
September 19, 2013
There are no football games in town on Friday, but the boys soccer team will be holding it down at South Tahoe High School. The Vikings will be riding momentum from a decisive win over Lowry last weekend as they host Elko at 6 p.m. in Vikings' Stadium. The JV team, which also defeated Lowry this past weeknd, will take the field at 4 p.m.
Or head over the gym to catch the South Tahoe volleyball team play Sparks in an action-packed match at 6 p.m. The JV team, which has won its last three consecutive games, will play at 4 p.m.
Both teams will be back on their home fields on Saturday. The volleyball team will host Fallon at 1 p.m., and the boys soccer team will host Spring Creek at 1 p.m. JV games will precede both varsity games.
The South Tahoe football team will play in Lowry at 7 p.m. on Friday night.
The Whittell football team will play in Coleville at 1 p.m. on Saturday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe All-Stars run table in Babe Ruth 14-year-old Nevada tournament, claim state championship
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Training Camps brings high-level soccer to the region, locals hit the pitch during South Lake Tahoe camp
- Brosch looks to set more school records at state meet
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups