Friday Night Lights Soccer Style
Ryan Summerlin September 19, 2013
There are no football games in town on Friday, but the boys soccer team will be holding it down at South Tahoe High School. The Vikings will be riding momentum from a decisive win over Lowry last weekend as they host Elko at 6 p.m. in Vikings’ Stadium. The JV team, which also defeated Lowry this past weeknd, will take the field at 4 p.m.
Or head over the gym to catch the South Tahoe volleyball team play Sparks in an action-packed match at 6 p.m. The JV team, which has won its last three consecutive games, will play at 4 p.m.
Both teams will be back on their home fields on Saturday. The volleyball team will host Fallon at 1 p.m., and the boys soccer team will host Spring Creek at 1 p.m. JV games will precede both varsity games.
The South Tahoe football team will play in Lowry at 7 p.m. on Friday night.
The Whittell football team will play in Coleville at 1 p.m. on Saturday.
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- Lake Tahoe CC women’s soccer reveals 2016 recruiting class, looks to build with talented, versatile group
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- South Lake Tahoe Warm Room consequences (opinion)
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species
- My view: Nevada vs. California mentality undermines community (opinion)