Girls basketball season closes out with win
February 19, 2014
The Lady Vikings concluded their basketball season on a high note by beating host Fallon on Saturday.
Both teams started slow as the game was tied 16-16 at halftime. The Lady Vikings held the Greenwave to just two points in the third quarter and had a 24-18 lead heading into the fourth quarter.
The lead was cut down to three points, but the Lady Vikings went on a 6-0 run late in the fourth and the game ended with a 39-32 win.
The win was the fourth in a row for the team and evened their league record at 8-8 with an overall record of 9-14.
Riley Chapman led all scorers with 13, Hannah Neiger had 12, Ally King eight and Kaila Griffis added six.
"I am proud of the girls for finishing strong with four straight wins," Coach Mike Neiger stated in an email. "They really played for each other in the second half of the season."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- South Tahoe track athlete commits to San Diego State University
- South Tahoe All-Stars run table in Babe Ruth 14-year-old Nevada tournament, claim state championship
- Tahoe Training Camps brings high-level soccer to the region, locals hit the pitch during South Lake Tahoe camp
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?