Girls post consecutive wins
October 3, 2013
The Warriors had no problem handling Quincy and Chester this past week.
The girls soccer team beat Quincy 7-0 at home on Tuesday, and defeated Chester 5-0 on the road Saturday.
Whittell 7, Quincy 0
Madison Idso, Gigi Stetler and Lauren George each netted two goals apiece against Quincy in front of the home crowd Tuesday. Danica Bunnett also added one goal to the Warriors' cause.
Idso and Stetler each contributed two assists, and Caroline Krolicki added an assist.
Goalkeepers Kendal Ferris and Brittany Boulet shared the shutout.
Whittell 5, Chester 0
Sabrina Trachsel and Jenny Shepack led the Warriors offensively on Saturday. Both girls netted two goals apiece in the 5-0 win.
Allison Copsy added one goal and one assist, and Idso delivered three assists.
UP NEXT: Thursday's Whittell versus South Tahoe game ended in a 1-1 tie. Check online or Saturday's edition for results. Whittell plays at Yearington Saturday.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Tahoe crime recap: Scissor-wielding transient man arrested after hurling profanity, threats
- Suggestions for making the most of Memorial Day weekend at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- UPDATE: Police say stolen tractor-trailer crashed into famed brothel near Carson City