Girls post consecutive wins
October 3, 2013
The Warriors had no problem handling Quincy and Chester this past week.
The girls soccer team beat Quincy 7-0 at home on Tuesday, and defeated Chester 5-0 on the road Saturday.
Whittell 7, Quincy 0
Madison Idso, Gigi Stetler and Lauren George each netted two goals apiece against Quincy in front of the home crowd Tuesday. Danica Bunnett also added one goal to the Warriors' cause.
Idso and Stetler each contributed two assists, and Caroline Krolicki added an assist.
Goalkeepers Kendal Ferris and Brittany Boulet shared the shutout.
Whittell 5, Chester 0
Sabrina Trachsel and Jenny Shepack led the Warriors offensively on Saturday. Both girls netted two goals apiece in the 5-0 win.
Allison Copsy added one goal and one assist, and Idso delivered three assists.
UP NEXT: Thursday's Whittell versus South Tahoe game ended in a 1-1 tie. Check online or Saturday's edition for results. Whittell plays at Yearington Saturday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe All-Stars run table in Babe Ruth 14-year-old Nevada tournament, claim state championship
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Training Camps brings high-level soccer to the region, locals hit the pitch during South Lake Tahoe camp
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Brosch looks to set more school records at state meet
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe