High school races at Alpine Meadows
February 12, 2014
The seven teams that make up the Tahoe Basin League met at Alpine Meadows on Wednesday for slalom races, the fifth of six regular season races of the year.
On the boys side, Truckee’s Addison Dvoracek had the fastest combined time of the day with 1.19:58, followed by North Tahoe’s Lucas Early with 1.23:31 and South Tahoe’s Connor Mckeen came in third with 1.26:87. In the team scores, North Tahoe came out on top with a combined score of 199 points followed by Truckee with 197 then South Tahoe with 196.
For the girls, South Tahoe’s Maia Bickert had the fasted combined time with 1.26:31. Coming in second was Truckee’s Cheyenne Brown with a time of 1.33:48 and third was awarded to North Tahoe’s Johanna Gur. Truckee was first in total points with 190 followed by Incline with 189 then South Tahoe with 188.
Overall team scores put Truckee in first with 387, followed by South Tahoe at 384 and North Tahoe at 374.
The next races have been rescheduled from Monday Feb. 5 to Tuesday Feb. 11 at Heavenly and is hosted by South Tahoe.
Trending In: Local Sports
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- Banked Slalom returns to Kirkwood Mountain Resort for 21st year
- Coker College adds another Whittell grad
- Conard no-hits Dayton, South Tahoe softball downs Dust Devils 15-0
- Football careers carry on for two Vikings
- Storms dump 11 billion gallons of water in Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe welcomes ski-in, ski-out coworking space at Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Michael Alan Laub
- Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort expands learning terrain, revamps menu, bids water bottles farewell for 2016-17 season
- Local briefs: South Lake Tahoe Loop Road public meeting, and more