High school races at Alpine Meadows
February 12, 2014
The seven teams that make up the Tahoe Basin League met at Alpine Meadows on Wednesday for slalom races, the fifth of six regular season races of the year.
On the boys side, Truckee's Addison Dvoracek had the fastest combined time of the day with 1.19:58, followed by North Tahoe's Lucas Early with 1.23:31 and South Tahoe's Connor Mckeen came in third with 1.26:87. In the team scores, North Tahoe came out on top with a combined score of 199 points followed by Truckee with 197 then South Tahoe with 196.
For the girls, South Tahoe's Maia Bickert had the fasted combined time with 1.26:31. Coming in second was Truckee's Cheyenne Brown with a time of 1.33:48 and third was awarded to North Tahoe's Johanna Gur. Truckee was first in total points with 190 followed by Incline with 189 then South Tahoe with 188.
Overall team scores put Truckee in first with 387, followed by South Tahoe at 384 and North Tahoe at 374.
The next races have been rescheduled from Monday Feb. 5 to Tuesday Feb. 11 at Heavenly and is hosted by South Tahoe.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- 2013 Banked Slalom Results
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Breaking the ice: South Lake Tahoe Vikings hockey delivers Northern California championship a decade in the making
- Community rallies around wrestling coach
- Vail Resorts extends ski season at Lake Tahoe resorts
- Snowboarder from Connecticut dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Water managers may have to ‘spill’ water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Storm winds down after dumping 2 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Drivers unlikely to be reimbursed for pothole damage