Jordan officially scratched from celebrity lineup
June 18, 2013
A scheduling conflict will prevent Michael Jordan from making his annual appearance to compete in the American Century Championship, July 16-21, at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course.
"Of course we always welcome Michael's participation. We're comfortable that the 80-plus celebrities set to appear, including Michael Phelps and 15 other new additions, will make this 24th annual as unique and prominent as ever," said Gary Quinn, VP of Programming and Owned Properties, NBC Sports.
The tournament will indeed include more than 80 sports and entertainment celebrities.
In addition to Phelps, the 18-time Olympic Gold Medal winner, Charles Barkley, Steph Curry of the Golden State Warriors, Aaron Rodgers, Ray Romano, Chipper Jones, Larry the Cable Guy, Jerry Rice, John Elway, Alex Smith and dozens of sports Hall of Famers are scheduled to golf.
Advance tickets are available online at http://www.TahoeSouth.com. Discount tickets are also being sold at 127 Raley's, Nob Hill and Bel Air grocery store locations throughout Northern California and Nevada. During the tournament, tickets are available daily at the gate.
Daily passes are $15 for the Lake Tahoe Celebrity-Amateur on Tuesday, July 16; practice round on Wednesday, July 17; and the American Century Celebrity-Amateur on Thursday, July 18; and $25 for each tournament round, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A Patron Badge Season Pass, good for admission all six days, is $60.
Kids 10 and younger are free when accompanied by a paid adult.
For the latest details, celebrity tweets, fan contests go to @ACChampionship on Twitter and Instagram and facebook.com/LTCelebrityGolf. For tournament information: http://www.TahoeCelebrityGolf.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe All-Stars run table in Babe Ruth 14-year-old Nevada tournament, claim state championship
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Training Camps brings high-level soccer to the region, locals hit the pitch during South Lake Tahoe camp
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Brosch looks to set more school records at state meet
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe