Jordan officially scratched from celebrity lineup
June 18, 2013
A scheduling conflict will prevent Michael Jordan from making his annual appearance to compete in the American Century Championship, July 16-21, at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course.
“Of course we always welcome Michael’s participation. We’re comfortable that the 80-plus celebrities set to appear, including Michael Phelps and 15 other new additions, will make this 24th annual as unique and prominent as ever,” said Gary Quinn, VP of Programming and Owned Properties, NBC Sports.
The tournament will indeed include more than 80 sports and entertainment celebrities.
In addition to Phelps, the 18-time Olympic Gold Medal winner, Charles Barkley, Steph Curry of the Golden State Warriors, Aaron Rodgers, Ray Romano, Chipper Jones, Larry the Cable Guy, Jerry Rice, John Elway, Alex Smith and dozens of sports Hall of Famers are scheduled to golf.
Advance tickets are available online at http://www.TahoeSouth.com. Discount tickets are also being sold at 127 Raley’s, Nob Hill and Bel Air grocery store locations throughout Northern California and Nevada. During the tournament, tickets are available daily at the gate.
Daily passes are $15 for the Lake Tahoe Celebrity-Amateur on Tuesday, July 16; practice round on Wednesday, July 17; and the American Century Celebrity-Amateur on Thursday, July 18; and $25 for each tournament round, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A Patron Badge Season Pass, good for admission all six days, is $60.
Kids 10 and younger are free when accompanied by a paid adult.
For the latest details, celebrity tweets, fan contests go to @ACChampionship on Twitter and Instagram and facebook.com/LTCelebrityGolf. For tournament information: http://www.TahoeCelebrityGolf.com.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Leaving a legacy: Softball, basketball mainstay Barcellos honored as South Tahoe Girls Athlete of the Year
- South Tahoe All-Stars swept at Babe Ruth 14-year-old regional tournament
- Success in strength: New Viking Strength and Conditioning Center offers cutting-edge tool for South Tahoe athletics
- Sunzeri named athletic director at South Tahoe High
- Los Angeles Jr. Kings hockey teams drop the puck for training camp in South Lake Tahoe
- Underwater photographer captures clarity of Lake Tahoe
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- South Shore’s The Lake House Restaurant opens its doors
- Tire center: 2-3 tires a day pierced by ‘ninja caltrops’ in South Lake Tahoe
- South Shore community comes together for 23-year-old fighting cancer