Jr. Pee Wees open with win
September 17, 2013
Junior Pee Wee at Sparks Saints, Field 7, 7 p.m.
Mighty Mite at Truckee Red, noon
Tiny Mite vs. Reno South, 4 p.m.
Pee Wee vs. Sparks Wolf Pack, 6 p.m.
Junior Midget vs. Sparks Wolf Pack, 8 p.m.
The South Tahoe Jr. Pee Wees opened the Pop Warner season with a hard-fought 19-7 victory in Sparks, Nev. against the Sparks Saints on Friday.
After a difficult preseason, with cancelled games, practices and scrimmages due to smoke and other weather issues, the South Tahoe Pee Wees were finally able to play football. And they didn't disappoint.
Under the guidance of Head coach Ken Robbins, the Jr. Pee Wees came prepared to take on the Saints. Jake Tarwater opened the scoring for the Vikings on a 40-yard touchdown run. Mason Hage followed up with a 35-yard touchdown run. Mason then put the game out of reach with a 20-yard touchdown pass to Jeremy Smiley.
The Vikings had outstanding performances on our defensive line led by Derek Robbins, Logan Field, Reece O'Keefe and Giovanni Morales.
The South Tahoe Jr. Pee Wees return to Sparks on Saturday to take on Reno South.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- 2013 Banked Slalom Results
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Breaking the ice: South Lake Tahoe Vikings hockey delivers Northern California championship a decade in the making
- Community rallies around wrestling coach
- Vail Resorts extends ski season at Lake Tahoe resorts
- Snowboarder from Connecticut dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Water managers may have to ‘spill’ water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Storm winds down after dumping 2 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Drivers unlikely to be reimbursed for pothole damage