Jr. Pee Wees play tough for win
October 7, 2013
The South Tahoe Jr. Pee Wees traveled to Carson City to take on the Senators, and after four quarters of fierce football the Jr. Pee Wees came out on top 28-6.
The Jr. Pee Wees dominated on both sides of the ball. The defense swarmed the Senators the entire game forcing several fumbles and forcing the Senators to punt six times. Leading the defense was Derek Robbins. From his defensive end position, Robbins caused problems in the Senators backfield all day. Other outstanding performances on defense came from John Burgess, Dylan Wade, Zack Klug, Giovanni Morales, Jeremy Smiley, Drake Lathrope, Logan Field, Reece O'Keefe, Mason Hage, Justin Vinson and Jake Tarwater.
The Jr. Pee Wees offense was able to move the ball against the Senators at will. The backfield of Jake Tarwater, Mason Hage, Jeremy Smiley and Derek Robbins were able to run through huge holes opened up by a determined offensive line. All week the coaching staff, led by Head coach Ken Robbins, has instructed the offensive line to attack the defense and the boys did just that. The offensive line led by Reece O'Keefe, Logan Field, Drake Lathrope, Isaiah Daley, Zack Klug, Hayden Waters and Giovanni Morales opened up holes that allowed Tarwater to run for three touchdowns and for Hage to run for one.
The South Tahoe Jr. Pee Wees, with a record of 3-1, travel to Sparks this coming Saturday to take on Reno Central.
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe spring football undefeated in Excel Athletics prep
- South Tahoe Futbol Club U-18 Hawks, U-12 Tough girls soccer teams deliver championships at Come Up For Air
- Whittell, South Tahoe track teams to compete at NIAA state tournament
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- American Century Championship reveals 2016 lineup; celebrity golf tournament returns to Edgewood Tahoe in July