JV baseball wins three in a row
April 4, 2014
After losing six in a row, South Tahoe’s JV baseball team seems to be turning its season around by winning three straight games, for a 4-6 record overall and 3-3 in the league.
“The boys have really focused on batting practice and you can see it in the scores,” said head coach Kevin Higgins.
The Vikings hosted Dayton on Tuesday afternoon and came away with the 11-1 win.
Offensively, Zach Shearer led the team going three for four with four RBIs. Justin Cain went two for four with two RBIs, Chaz Ross went two for four with a triple and Caleb Russel also went two for four.
“The boys have really worked hard on their swings and it really shows,” said Higgins.
Moises Cuevas started on the mound, earning the win with four strikeouts, one walk and three hits. Ross replaced Cuevas after four innings and went on to strike out two batters and gave up only one hit.
“I hope to see a continued strong pitching effort,” said Higgins. “ And we are going to stay aggressive on hitting.”
On Saturday, the Vikings host Truckee for a double-header where they hope to continue their winning streak.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Leaving a legacy: Softball, basketball mainstay Barcellos honored as South Tahoe Girls Athlete of the Year
- South Tahoe All-Stars swept at Babe Ruth 14-year-old regional tournament
- Success in strength: New Viking Strength and Conditioning Center offers cutting-edge tool for South Tahoe athletics
- Sunzeri named athletic director at South Tahoe High
- Los Angeles Jr. Kings hockey teams drop the puck for training camp in South Lake Tahoe
- Underwater photographer captures clarity of Lake Tahoe
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- South Shore’s The Lake House Restaurant opens its doors
- Tire center: 2-3 tires a day pierced by ‘ninja caltrops’ in South Lake Tahoe
- South Shore community comes together for 23-year-old fighting cancer