JV baseball wins three in a row
April 4, 2014
After losing six in a row, South Tahoe's JV baseball team seems to be turning its season around by winning three straight games, for a 4-6 record overall and 3-3 in the league.
"The boys have really focused on batting practice and you can see it in the scores," said head coach Kevin Higgins.
The Vikings hosted Dayton on Tuesday afternoon and came away with the 11-1 win.
Offensively, Zach Shearer led the team going three for four with four RBIs. Justin Cain went two for four with two RBIs, Chaz Ross went two for four with a triple and Caleb Russel also went two for four.
"The boys have really worked hard on their swings and it really shows," said Higgins.
Moises Cuevas started on the mound, earning the win with four strikeouts, one walk and three hits. Ross replaced Cuevas after four innings and went on to strike out two batters and gave up only one hit.
"I hope to see a continued strong pitching effort," said Higgins. " And we are going to stay aggressive on hitting."
On Saturday, the Vikings host Truckee for a double-header where they hope to continue their winning streak.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- Los Angeles Jr. Kings hockey teams drop the puck for training camp in South Lake Tahoe
- Big BMX qualifier
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Parking restrictions beefed up at Raley’s Village Center
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Revisiting Angora Fire 10 years after devastating blaze ignited in Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking