JV baseball wins three in a row
Ryan Summerlin April 4, 2014
After losing six in a row, South Tahoe’s JV baseball team seems to be turning its season around by winning three straight games, for a 4-6 record overall and 3-3 in the league.
“The boys have really focused on batting practice and you can see it in the scores,” said head coach Kevin Higgins.
The Vikings hosted Dayton on Tuesday afternoon and came away with the 11-1 win.
Offensively, Zach Shearer led the team going three for four with four RBIs. Justin Cain went two for four with two RBIs, Chaz Ross went two for four with a triple and Caleb Russel also went two for four.
“The boys have really worked hard on their swings and it really shows,” said Higgins.
Moises Cuevas started on the mound, earning the win with four strikeouts, one walk and three hits. Ross replaced Cuevas after four innings and went on to strike out two batters and gave up only one hit.
“I hope to see a continued strong pitching effort,” said Higgins. “ And we are going to stay aggressive on hitting.”
On Saturday, the Vikings host Truckee for a double-header where they hope to continue their winning streak.
Trending In: Local Sports
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- South Tahoe football stuns Fernley in home debut, wins despite key absences
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: BEAR League board member says, ‘We are not making this up’
- Five injured in car accident down Kingsbury Grade Friday; city council candidate and wife confirmed as two of injured
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species
- Membership-based airline expands service to and from Truckee Tahoe Airport