Lady Vikings drop three to Lowry
April 15, 2014
The Lady Vikings were swept against Lowry Friday and Saturday.
South Tahoe's varsity softball team was leading Friday's game 6-1 heading into the fifth inning when Lowry scored nine runs to take a 10-6 lead. The Lady Vikings came back with two runs, but it wasn't enough and they dropped the first game, 10-8.
On Saturday, South Tahoe lost the first game, 16-1, in five innings after giving up 10 runs in the fifth. The second game was a 14-2 loss in six innings.
"Mental errors and lazy errors is pretty much what is comes down to," said head coach Shawna Mayo. "This team is not better than us, we just beat ourselves up."
Bailey Sanchez had a standout weekend going 6-for-8 in the series.
"She definitely stepped up this week. She earned her spot this weekend," Mayo said.
The losses bring South Tahoe to a 5-5 league record and 6-8 overall. Lowry's record is now 11-1 and 12-4 overall.
South Tahoe has its last home series this week against the 9-2 Fernley's Lady Vaqueros.
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe baseball begins Northern 3A conference play
- South Tahoe Vikings track team starts season
- Success in strength: New Viking Strength and Conditioning Center offers cutting-edge tool for South Tahoe athletics
- American Century Championship reveals 2016 lineup; celebrity golf tournament returns to Edgewood Tahoe in July
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- Gas explosion at Kirkwood Mountain
- Marina fee increase forces cancellation of 2017 South Tahoe Wooden Boat Classic
- Indian restaurant hidden in a liquor store gains following in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter weather advisory in effect through Saturday morning