Lady Vikings drop three to Lowry
Ryan Summerlin April 15, 2014
The Lady Vikings were swept against Lowry Friday and Saturday.
South Tahoe’s varsity softball team was leading Friday’s game 6-1 heading into the fifth inning when Lowry scored nine runs to take a 10-6 lead. The Lady Vikings came back with two runs, but it wasn’t enough and they dropped the first game, 10-8.
On Saturday, South Tahoe lost the first game, 16-1, in five innings after giving up 10 runs in the fifth. The second game was a 14-2 loss in six innings.
“Mental errors and lazy errors is pretty much what is comes down to,” said head coach Shawna Mayo. “This team is not better than us, we just beat ourselves up.”
Bailey Sanchez had a standout weekend going 6-for-8 in the series.
“She definitely stepped up this week. She earned her spot this weekend,” Mayo said.
The losses bring South Tahoe to a 5-5 league record and 6-8 overall. Lowry’s record is now 11-1 and 12-4 overall.
South Tahoe has its last home series this week against the 9-2 Fernley’s Lady Vaqueros.
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- Success in strength: New Viking Strength and Conditioning Center offers cutting-edge tool for South Tahoe athletics
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: BEAR League board member says, ‘We are not making this up’
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M
- My view: Nevada vs. California mentality undermines community (opinion)