Lady Vikings drop three to Lowry
April 15, 2014
The Lady Vikings were swept against Lowry Friday and Saturday.
South Tahoe's varsity softball team was leading Friday's game 6-1 heading into the fifth inning when Lowry scored nine runs to take a 10-6 lead. The Lady Vikings came back with two runs, but it wasn't enough and they dropped the first game, 10-8.
On Saturday, South Tahoe lost the first game, 16-1, in five innings after giving up 10 runs in the fifth. The second game was a 14-2 loss in six innings.
"Mental errors and lazy errors is pretty much what is comes down to," said head coach Shawna Mayo. "This team is not better than us, we just beat ourselves up."
Bailey Sanchez had a standout weekend going 6-for-8 in the series.
"She definitely stepped up this week. She earned her spot this weekend," Mayo said.
The losses bring South Tahoe to a 5-5 league record and 6-8 overall. Lowry's record is now 11-1 and 12-4 overall.
South Tahoe has its last home series this week against the 9-2 Fernley's Lady Vaqueros.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe All-Stars run table in Babe Ruth 14-year-old Nevada tournament, claim state championship
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Adult Flag Football looking for players
- American Century Championship reveals 2016 lineup; celebrity golf tournament returns to Edgewood Tahoe in July
- Football careers carry on for two Vikings
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Ribaudo column: Is Lake Tahoe’s South Shore at risk of overtourism?
- Tahoe warming at 14 times the normal rate
- Stateline woman riding high after finishing 2nd in Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- UPDATE: Crews reach 100 percent containment on Ranch Fire in El Dorado County