Lady Vikings drop three to Lowry
April 15, 2014
The Lady Vikings were swept against Lowry Friday and Saturday.
South Tahoe's varsity softball team was leading Friday's game 6-1 heading into the fifth inning when Lowry scored nine runs to take a 10-6 lead. The Lady Vikings came back with two runs, but it wasn't enough and they dropped the first game, 10-8.
On Saturday, South Tahoe lost the first game, 16-1, in five innings after giving up 10 runs in the fifth. The second game was a 14-2 loss in six innings.
"Mental errors and lazy errors is pretty much what is comes down to," said head coach Shawna Mayo. "This team is not better than us, we just beat ourselves up."
Bailey Sanchez had a standout weekend going 6-for-8 in the series.
"She definitely stepped up this week. She earned her spot this weekend," Mayo said.
The losses bring South Tahoe to a 5-5 league record and 6-8 overall. Lowry's record is now 11-1 and 12-4 overall.
South Tahoe has its last home series this week against the 9-2 Fernley's Lady Vaqueros.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- Los Angeles Jr. Kings hockey teams drop the puck for training camp in South Lake Tahoe
- Reno Aces baseball announces opening day roster, opens 2016 season Thursday at Greater Nevada Field
- Big BMX qualifier
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Parking restrictions beefed up at Raley’s Village Center
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Revisiting Angora Fire 10 years after devastating blaze ignited in Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking