Lake Tahoe Blue ready for San Diego
October 15, 2013
The Blue have been the busiest team in the league so far, already playing nine games and going just 3-6-0 over the first three weeks of the season.
They've been hampered by a short roster, which has been made even shorter due to injuries and have lost two out of three in each series they've played thus far.
They're slowly returning to health however and are starting to look more like they did toward the end of last season, with veterans like Martin Vachal and Mark DeVaughn picking up their game.
Although they lost two out of three to Fresno last weekend, they were in each game and played the physical style that led them to the Thorne Cup and UHU Championship games last season.
With Troy Turpin playing pretty well between the pipes and veteran Nick Anderson leading the charge offensively, the Blue just need to keep moving forward, make the smart plays and before they know it, they'll be right back in the thick of things.
The Gulls are just two games into their season but they're already off to a rocky start.
After assembling a young team over the off-season, head coach Craig Carlyle knew coming in that there would be some growing pains, but after losing both games to the Ontario Avalanche last weekend, there will probably be some tweaks to the lineup in Lake Tahoe.
The Gulls biggest concern is in net, where they have three talented but unproven goaltenders fighting for minutes.
Their defense is the team's strong suit and is filed with veterans like Luke Cage and Will Parker but up front, they are also a little green, outside of veterans like Eric Baldwin and Drew DePalma.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe All-Stars run table in Babe Ruth 14-year-old Nevada tournament, claim state championship
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- A’s win South Tahoe Babe Ruth championship, beat Angels 14-2 in winner-take-all title game
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail