May 10, 2013
All-Star soccer comes to Tahoe
Come out and support the Lake Tahoe Soccer League's All-Star players on Tuesday as they host a tournament to celebrate the league's 15th anniversary. The soccer league has gathered its top players to take on two teams from Reno and one from Sacramento. League president Martin Jimenez invites the community to come support local soccer talent and also enjoy a good game at 7 p.m. at the Lake Tahoe Community College field.
The League is still accepting players for the upcoming season. There will be a 15 and younger team, a 16 and older team, a 30 and older team and a 40 and older team. For more information contact Jimenez at Martin_Jiminez8@hotamil.com.
Spring Tennis is for all ages
This spring, the Tahoe Tennis Academy is offering tennis clinics, classes and tournaments for all ages.
For the youth, a two-week clinic for grades four through seven is held every Monday and Wednesday from 3:45 to 5:30 p.m. Grades eight through 12 play every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:45 to 5:30 p.m. Tournaments for all grades will be played Saturdays from noon to 2 p.m. at South Tahoe High School.
Registration costs $50 for each two-week clinic and the clinics run through June 15. There is a discount of $25 for families who sign up two or more players. The tennis academy also has demo racquets available for use.
For adults, the academy offers Match Play Saturdays. These are competitive and social co-ed open singles and doubles ladders. Singles ladders are played on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to noon at South Tahoe High School. Doubles are played from 2 to 4 p.m. also on Saturdays. Drops ins are encouraged and there is a $5 entry fee. The money will go to the Lake Tahoe Unified School District tennis funds.
For college students, Clark also teaches a six-week tennis class at Lake Tahoe Community College beginning May 20.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe All-Stars run table in Babe Ruth 14-year-old Nevada tournament, claim state championship
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- South Tahoe track athlete commits to San Diego State University
- Tahoe Training Camps brings high-level soccer to the region, locals hit the pitch during South Lake Tahoe camp
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?