March 28, 2013
U.S. Freestyle Championship volunteers needed
Heavenly is looking for volunteers for the U.S. Freestyle Championship running March 29 through 31.
For those in the community that would like to volunteer for the event, Heavenly and the USSA are looking for both on-snow and off-snow help. Volunteers are needed in mogul course and big air jump maintenance, banner set-up, food and beverage runners, registration, Zero Waste Warriors for the recycling team, and more. Shifts for various roles are available during the entire week up to the event, as well as during all three days of the event. No experience is needed. Volunteers receive lunch and a special gift for participating in three or more shifts. For more information or to sign up, please contact Tiffany at 530-542-5180.
Adult softball sign ups
The South Lake Tahoe Softball League is sponsoring an adult coed and men's league. A team meeting will be held at Steamers Bar and Grill on Wednesday, April 3, at 6 p.m. All returning teams can sign up on April 3. Any spots left will be open to new teams starting April 8. You can pick up your registration packets at Steamers Bar and Grill, The Sportsman next to the Grocery Outlet or City of South Lake Tahoe Parks and Recreation Department on 1180 Rufus Allen Blvd. any time after April 3. Those needing to get on a softball team should also call Jack, so that your name can be on the free agent list. For more information please call Jack at (530) 577-2405.
— Compiled by staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe All-Stars run table in Babe Ruth 14-year-old Nevada tournament, claim state championship
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Training Camps brings high-level soccer to the region, locals hit the pitch during South Lake Tahoe camp
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Brosch looks to set more school records at state meet
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe