March 28, 2013
U.S. Freestyle Championship volunteers needed
Heavenly is looking for volunteers for the U.S. Freestyle Championship running March 29 through 31.
For those in the community that would like to volunteer for the event, Heavenly and the USSA are looking for both on-snow and off-snow help. Volunteers are needed in mogul course and big air jump maintenance, banner set-up, food and beverage runners, registration, Zero Waste Warriors for the recycling team, and more. Shifts for various roles are available during the entire week up to the event, as well as during all three days of the event. No experience is needed. Volunteers receive lunch and a special gift for participating in three or more shifts. For more information or to sign up, please contact Tiffany at 530-542-5180.
Adult softball sign ups
The South Lake Tahoe Softball League is sponsoring an adult coed and men's league. A team meeting will be held at Steamers Bar and Grill on Wednesday, April 3, at 6 p.m. All returning teams can sign up on April 3. Any spots left will be open to new teams starting April 8. You can pick up your registration packets at Steamers Bar and Grill, The Sportsman next to the Grocery Outlet or City of South Lake Tahoe Parks and Recreation Department on 1180 Rufus Allen Blvd. any time after April 3. Those needing to get on a softball team should also call Jack, so that your name can be on the free agent list. For more information please call Jack at (530) 577-2405.
— Compiled by staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- American Century Championship reveals 2016 lineup; celebrity golf tournament returns to Edgewood Tahoe in July
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- Tahoe Training Camps brings high-level soccer to the region, locals hit the pitch during South Lake Tahoe camp
- Aces low: Whittell baseball falls to cross-lake foe Incline 14-4 at Greater Nevada Field
- South Tahoe softball athlete earns scholarship to play at South Dakota State University
- Smoke from Mariposa County fire continues to fill Tahoe Basin (video)
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Mariposa County fire in California threatens 1,500 structures near Yosemite
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite